The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if Lotus will allow us to pick up a US Elise in Europe and then ship it to the US after driving it through Europe. Just like BMW and Porsche offer it ?

Joining those guys at the Stelvio Trip in 2004 http://www.stelvio.org.uk/ should be a lot of fun :)

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Doubtful that they will. European Delivery is something that other manufacturers do to make owners feel closer to the brand. The experience (Gestalt) is supposed to make you more brand loyal.

Lotus just isn't luxury brand like that. They don't feel the need to play up to the drivers. They let their cars do that for them.

Lotus is about the ultimate in handling, going really damn fast & lightweight designs.

I personnally wouldn't want to do the Euro delivery. I just want my car & I just want to drive it. If I take a vacation I'll go somewhere warm that has scantily clad women. If I want to drive I'll head to my local race track or some nice twisty roads.

Admitedly I too would love to do Stelvio. I am doing the same kind of thing this summer with my girlfriend but in a 2CV. I doubt that the experience will be the same. :mad:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But I allready live in Hawaii ...

So I have the warm weather and the beautiful Women..

By the way your 2CV should come in about the same weight if not lighter then the Elise :D :D :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know that I have posted this elsewhere but there are often UK or European Elise owners who do Stelvio solo as they cant find a navigator. If you fancy Stelvio but dont want the added problem of shipping your car after a UK delivery then why not join the Stelvio Yahoo list and see if you can find a spare seat.
You will need to travel light though :) ... and be ready for some very fast mountain driving :))))))
TC:cool:

·
Registered
55 Posts
It would be lovely for them to offer something like this. I'd definitely take the opportunity to explore the Mediterranean coast again.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Lotus Fury said:
Admitedly I too would love to do Stelvio. I am doing the same kind of thing this summer with my girlfriend but in a 2CV. I doubt that the experience will be the same. :mad:
.. it could be ...

:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts