The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a site where they show the actual european brochure. Thought this might me kind of neat to show what they did offer in the european version. www.elises.co.uk/models/s2/index.html

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Not from Lotus. They cancelled the gull-wing hardtop.

Only aftermarket suppliers produce it now.

Several other options in the original brochure never made it to the production car.

Eg. the adjustable passenger footrest was also dropped and a 2-step footrest put in it's place.

Several of the interior options also never happened.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
237 Posts
What i come to understand is that lotus will produce the gull wing hard top for extra $. My previous dealer who retired recently told me that lotus has a center in england that will do custom work and can re create anything they previously made.

So may be that with extra $ on the side someone order a gull wing hardtop from lotus.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
RacingDynamcs said:
and can re create anything they previously made.
Problem here is that they never built a working S2 gullwing hardtop to start with.

The only ones were car show mock-ups, so there is nothing to re-create..

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
237 Posts
ic...

well then they can make me a custom one someday...=)

the reason i refuse to buy from any other company else is because i want all lotus made parts.

·
Registered
296 Posts
RacingDynamcs said:
i refuse to buy from any other company else is because i want all lotus made parts.

When you get your car I will gladly take that motor, frame, clamshells, wheels, shocks, springs, etc.... off your hands since none of them are "made" by Lotus. Truth is that Lotus outsources a very high percentage of the parts they use to assemble the cars. They are factory authorized parts but that doesn't necessarily mean they are any better than an aftermarket company could produce.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I've got the actual 2003 brochure. It's pretty nice, actually. It's a folder with a dozen or so 8x10 sheets of thin cardboard. The inside of the folder is a nice view of the interior. As for info, there isn't much that's new that hasn't been posted here or other websites already. It's definitely much more comprehensive than the online version. It does cover a little Lotus history w/a picture of Mr. Chapman, and a couple of the special editions (Type 25 & 72?). Hopefully the U.S. brochure will be just as nice.

·
Registered
237 Posts
L8BRAKR said:
When you get your car I will gladly take that motor, frame, clamshells, wheels, shocks, springs, etc.... off your hands since none of them are "made" by Lotus. Truth is that Lotus outsources a very high percentage of the parts they use to assemble the cars. They are factory authorized parts but that doesn't necessarily mean they are any better than an aftermarket company could produce.

hahaha
sorry but i think i was a tad un-clear, i was referring to body parts / aero

If its not designed by lotus then i wont buy it. Aero parts only.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts