The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am posting this on behalf of Kevin Sims. He is an editor of an online automobile magazine and a member of the Hill Country Porsche Club. He has extended this invite to other marques such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Lotus. He originally wanted to start the event from Roger Beasley Porsche but its steep driveway would have made it difficult for some of the lowered cars. Luckily, Lotus of Austin has agreed to open their parking lot for this event. Additionally, it looks like an Elise tech session will be held at LOA.
- Keith

EuroSport Austin
Tour and Concours

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Calling all Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Lotuses.
You Got ’em. You’re Invited.

Imagine. Driving a winding road with Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Lotuses all converging onto one large concours. Now imagine your car wins Best of Show.

No, it is not Pebble Beach. It’s the 2008 EuroSport Austin. This tour and concours is like no other. After a 2-hour drive in the Austin Hill country, you arrive at the San Marcos Airport for a catered BBQ lunch and private showing of WWII fighter planes and bombers.

9:30 am ► Meeting
Lotus of Austin
Lotus Elise Tech Review

10:15 am ► Poker Run Tour
Open up your engines for a 2-hour run through Austin’s Hill Country

12:30 pm ► Destination Concours
Arrive at the San Marcos Airport’s CAF hanger for the largest South West EuroSport Concours. After an exhilarating drive, continue to stimulate your senses with the best in show judging and touring WWII fighter planes and bombers.

12:30 pm ► Texas BBQ Lunch
All you can eat BBQ.

12:30 pm ► “Dirty” Concours
People Choice Awards for each marquee

2:30 pm ► Poker Run Game
EuroSport car prizes

3:00 pm ► Concours Awards

$30.00 per person. Includes:
(Registration at event is $35.00 per person)

. All you can eat BBQ Lunch
. Car Tour and Poker Run
. Concours and Registration to People Choice Awards
. WWII Aircraft Display

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
This sounds like fun Keith!

I'm pretty sure I'd do it.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I'm a maybe. Isn't that Eeyore's Birthday? I'm not sure driving and smoking dope will mix...;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Kevin Sims came by the Dealership last Saturday, i got to spend a good deal of time chatting with him. Kevin is very knowledgible with exotic cars espcially Lambos. He and I are very excited about the event. Looks like he has a great route mapped out from LOA to San Marcos and he is anticipating a good turn out, should be a blast! I have flyers here printed out and info on the event everyone is more then welcome to stop by the lot to pick them up or get more info. I look forward to meeting more of you and seeing the beautiful rides....

·
Registered
475 Posts
I don't have an exact count on participants. As guys have been stopping in I've been handing them flyers and talking to them about the event. I am not sure how many people Kevin has spoken to. I know that he as talked to some of the Lambo guys, they have expressed interest in coming out last i heard.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I have yet to sign up. Is there a link somewhere we I can sign up?

·
Registered
475 Posts
You should be able to sign up with this info Rich:

To register: Send a check made out to “Autobahn Ambition” at 5811 Mesa Dr. #1613 Austin, TX 78731. For more information contact Kevin Sims at 512-428-4782 or email him at [email protected].

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is info from Kevin Sims:

We have 24 cars signed up and about another 20 or so saying they are coming. We are getting more emails and call each day. We have people coming from Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio.

It looks like it is going to be fun.

We are light on Lotus.

========================================================

·
Registered
475 Posts
I found out last night we sold the car I planned on driving on Saturday for the run. If anyone has an open seat i would be interested in riding along. :wave:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Charlie - I am helping Kevin with the poker cards so I won't be driving with the rest of the 'tour'.
This could be your chance to christen a new demo car! :D

As a backup for the return trip - I can give you a ride back from the airport to the dealership.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Anyone have an extra seat for a cute chick? I've got an extra. My friend is bringing a friend...

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Looks like the chick is taken, you guys were too slow.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There was a great turnout of cars ... about 60 estimated! There was 1 exige (Rich), 2 yellow Elises (Greg and Jefferson) and 1 nfBlue Elise (Keith) and 1 S.Black (?). There was also a yellow Diablo race car (at least it was not street legal). A yellow Carrera GT from San Antonio. Many Ferrari's and lots and lots of Porsches.

The poker prizes at the end were awesome too! I saw many $100 gift certificates, lots of model cars, 1-2 radio controlled cars, bags, tees, caps, and so on.

And Rich's 'chicks' were very cute! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts