The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has your dealer been invoiced for their cars yet? If not then they have not yet paid Lotus for the cars they will be receiving. This is an indication that cars may not arrive as soon as we had thought.
I have heard news that seems to indicate that cars will be delayed further still in spite of the memo put out by John English. I hope my sources are wrong but I have been told not to believe anything that Lotus says as evidence points to an even longer wait.

Has anyone else heard similar information? For those of you that are schedule to get the first few cars, what are your dealers saying?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
It would seem to depend on if the cars are to be delivered FOB port or FOB destination. If it's destination, then the dealer would'nt be invoiced until the cars reach the dealership.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zvezdah1 said:
Derek,
Some cars will be headed out to dealers sometime week of the 12th.
Chris
Yeah so I keep hearing, however I have been told that in spite of this to nonetheless expect delays:confused:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I was just at Criswell Lotus in Gaithersburg, MD this afternoon, and a guy there casually mentioned that first arrivals have been delayed to late August. Not sure if he really knew or not, but he seemed to know what he was talking about.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Perhaps the confusion is on first LSS arrivals.

The first cars are here. Waiting to be released on the 12th. Expect cars on the road and in customer hands by the 15th.

NEXT WEEK! :)

·
Registered
758 Posts
178 hour unt counting !!

Symbolic's going to be sooo pissed off when they find me camping in their showroom next week. Just gotta push the lambo's out the way so I can fit my tent ...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Note. I have information from a very good source.... that my speculation about the issue with LSS being rim availability, due to Lotus only forecasting sales of 300 LSS cars... is incorrect.

There was a component issue (which I heard was rims), but it has been solved and had nothing to do with amounts of cars sold.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I'd also like to add that Lotus probably could have released the product earlier, but in an flawed state, but they chose to make it perfect before releasing it. In other words, the delay was a good idea and ultimately, you sports pack folks will be happier for it.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Vantage said:
I'd also like to add that Lotus probably could have released the product earlier, but in an flawed state, but they chose to make it perfect before releasing it. In other words, the delay was a good idea and ultimately, you sports pack folks will be happier for it.
I was kinda told that too from someone. It will be better for it, and you will be pleased... or something like that. Takes a little bit of the sting off my car being delayed.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
jdl8r said:
Randy,
Any idea, in regards to days, how long the delay will be for LSS cars?

-j
Yes. For some of the first cars, which include some dealer demos that were LSS... those cars are already on the water and should be arriving this month. Some LSS cars will be here in July. The rest of the delayed (out of sequence) LSS cars are in build or going into build in the next couple weeks. They will be here in August. When exactly depends on the scheduling. It could be late August if the car is built in later July.

Build takes 2 weeks, then it ships out the following Monday. West coast cars add on one week to transit time. Then there is port stuff, customs. Prep, and then transport to your dealer...which can add some more days.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
pinmagic said:
I was just at Criswell Lotus in Gaithersburg, MD this afternoon, and a guy there casually mentioned that first arrivals have been delayed to late August. Not sure if he really knew or not, but he seemed to know what he was talking about.
I got "The Call" Friday from Tom at Criswell. My car has been built, and is on the ship - scheduled to arrive on July 18th or so. I even have the VIN. The car will be prepped and the clear bra (shield) will be added, and Tom expects that car to arrive at the dealership at the end of July/early August. Unfortunately, Tom may be on vacation when the car actually gets here, so someone else might have to handle the paper work...

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
493 Posts
Tim,

Can't wait for you to get the car so I can come over and drool on it. Hopefully my delivery is only 8 months behind yours :mad:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
smura said:
come over and drool on it.
No drooling allowed. All persons shall keep a respectful distance away from the car.:no: :D :D

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
758 Posts
Actually, pinmagic is 100% correct. The Lotus Elise hasn't hit the shores yet, and won't until late August. I think you guys are confusing your vehicles. It's the Lutos Elize thats arriving at the dealers on the 15th.

If you go to the Lutos forums, you'll find the the new Elize is a luxury all terrain wheel chair.

Anyways, it will be nice to see Tim's new Elize. Can you post photos when you get it ?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Note. I have information from a very good source.... that my speculation about the issue with LSS being rim availability, due to Lotus only forecasting sales of 300 LSS cars... is incorrect.

There was a component issue (which I heard was rims), but it has been solved and had nothing to do with amounts of cars sold.
Randy,

Nontheless there still is a problem or delay with LSS. I agree that Lotus probably had a smaller than expected estimate on LSS orders, but I'm sure these problems with parts and other issues is the real source of the delay's.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Some LSS cars will be here in July. The rest of the delayed (out of sequence) LSS cars are in build or going into build in the next couple weeks. They will be here in August. When exactly depends on the scheduling. It could be late August if the car is built in later July.

Build takes 2 weeks, then it ships out the following Monday. West coast cars add on one week to transit time. Then there is port stuff, customs. Prep, and then transport to your dealer...which can add some more days.
Exactly what I have been told. Mine is expected to be here sometime in August too!
LSS - HardTop - Chrome Orange

1 - 20 of 29 Posts