The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to popular demand for more and better piccies, last night I visited a friend of mine with a talent for car photography and an awesome new Canon digital SLR. The pics are in late afternoon light, but give a much better color representation than my digicam pics.

Enjoy

Nev

Ardent Red 111R using a Digital SLR

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Nice.

I note that my red MR2 would often turn out orange in bright sunlight with my digicam, even though to the eye it did not look like that.

Car looks great!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Very nice pics! Your car looks awesome! Thanks!

-Eric

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
Dude! Thanks for feeding the hungry. Really, it's really nice of you to go out of your way so many times so that we can feed our curiousity and make our wait go by easier. Awesome Car you have!
Indeed, many thanks.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Nice! Thanks again for more photos!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hermanslotus said:
Nev,

Nice photo's. Do you plan on tracking your new 111R??
If so our company hosts several Elise track days down under. Just think you can go out and play with other Elise's on the track. I did this last year at Winton it's a blast!!!

Best Wishes with your new baby,
Mitch
Hi Mitch,

Yep, I'll definitely get on the track.

I've been to Philip Island, Calder and Sandown with previous cars, and Winton sounds like lots of fun.

Cheers,

Nev

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
The car looks great....I think I have Ardent envy...

Hey Randy - is there an "ignore" button that will block any post that has pictures of the car in any color other than Saffron ??? That is the only way to stop my second-guessing myself:(

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Nice.

I note that my red MR2 would often turn out orange in bright sunlight with my digicam, even though to the eye it did not look like that.

Car looks great!
Are you positive your Red MR2 wasn't Saffron?
Could you show us a picture of it in between a school bus and a taxi cab so we can check it out for you.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
ivan1 said:
The car looks great....I think I have Ardent envy...

Hey Randy - is there an "ignore" button that will block any post that has pictures of the car in any color other than Saffron ??? That is the only way to stop my second-guessing myself:(
Randy: I think it's time for a second rendition of Mellow Yellow by Donovan.........Ridgeman's wild about saffron, saffron's wild about 'ridge'......

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
Are you positive your Red MR2 wasn't Saffron?
Could you show us a picture of it in between a school bus and a taxi cab so we can check it out for you.
Between two Graphite Gray jets-

:p

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
NevB,
Thanks for the pictures! I may go with red after seeing your pics. Also, your taillights, the inner lights that are lit brighter and are half-circled -- are those the rear fog lights (CRW_1506.jpg and CRW_1508-1.jpg)? Do the other halfs of the lights light up?
Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shay2nak said:
NevB,
Thanks for the pictures! I may go with red after seeing your pics. Also, your taillights, the inner lights that are lit brighter and are half-circled -- are those the rear fog lights (CRW_1506.jpg and CRW_1508-1.jpg)? Do the other halfs of the lights light up?
Thanks!
Hi shay2nak,

Yep, the other half lights up when the rear fog button is on.

Cheers,

Nev

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Thanks again.

I'm glad to know it was the camera that was making the car look orangey. Looks much better in these pics. The late-afternoon pic shows the red in quite a scrumptious shade of red. Yummy !!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts