The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny thing happened this morning when I went to get gas. I pulled the door release and nothing happened so I decided to go out the passenger side which as you know it's hard enough to get out of this car from the drivers side. Needless to say everyone was looking and it was quite funny. If I used my head I would have just rolled the window down and put my hand out and opened the driver door from the outside...oh well that would not have been as much fun for the onlookers. Anyway drove back home took the door apart and now all is fixed. Just sending this out so that when and if this happens you will remember not to panic, open the drivers door from the outside and not look as stupid as I did...:panic:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
The first week I owned it I got stuck in it for over 1000 miles. :eek:

·
Registered
341 Posts
It's also easy to remove the soft top from inside.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the hard top on. There is a rod that connects to the interior door handle that came off, pretty easy to put it back together.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
The first time a valet manually locked the car it wouldn't unlock and I didn't know why. I had to crawl in through the passenger door as that one was unlocked. Yes, you do look quite silly doing so.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
...monsi, what are you asking for?..it's not like you'll be leaving your cockpit for at least a week anyway...
yeah three weeks from now :mad: I was just being facetious :p

The first time a valet manually locked the car it wouldn't unlock and I didn't know why. I had to crawl in through the passenger door as that one was unlocked. Yes, you do look quite silly doing so.
I hope you weren't wearing a skirt :crazyeyes
:popcorn:

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I went in through the passenger side once too....and while I was all tangled up, I got a leg cramp too.....at least I didn't have an audience though.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
What are you talking about, you are tiny enough to live in the boot! :D Should be seriously easy for you to crawl through the passenger side. :p

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I once got so drunk I couldn't climb out of the passenger seat. Wasn't that bad as the cute chick that drove got to pull me out.:D

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Kind of got bear trapped inside:

Early one saturday morning I put on some old clothes and shoes to go spray off my wheels/undertray at one of those do it your self car washes. I usually get pretty soaked and dirty since I am kneeling down to spray off the bottom of the car. The car wash got pretty busy and there was a line waiting for my spot so when I was done I quickly jumped in the car and hit start. Then I go to move my right foot and realize my shoelace is caught tightly on the gas pedal. I reach down but my hand can't quite reach, I try to lift my foot but can't see if it is stuck on top or bottom since it was very dark with the soft top on. People start honking, my foot and back cramp up really badly from me trying to stretch to reach, and the shoelace is getting tighter holding my foot firmly against the gas pedal ! Finally in total pain from the cramping and stretching I turned off the car, opened the door, and with my left foot tried to push my right shoe off, my shoes being wet, my left foot slipped and slammed straight into the floor board, ouch! Then finally I got my right shoe off. I started the car and drove out , had to get out and breath for a while and cool off since it was really hot and humid out - was the start of a really bad day ...... I almost got T boned by a red light runner about 20 minutes later ! ( I tuck the loops of my shoelaces in the side of my shoes now when driving.)

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
What are you talking about, you are tiny enough to live in the boot! :D Should be seriously easy for you to crawl through the passenger side. :p
Haha... I've been tempted to get in there, I'm just at 50kg, so could test out how well it holds up. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts