The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We drive the Exige to the movies once in a while. I always see people looking at it on the way in and on the way out, so this time I left my camera running to see just what was happening while we were inside. I cut is down to 10 minutes so I could post it to youtube, but it could have been a lot longer. Take a look. You don't have to watch all 10 minutes to get the idea, but if you do, I used some good music to backup the video. *My Wife found the music and timed it out to match the video.* Hope you like it!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ie0V0NVMNrA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ie0V0NVMNrA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
That's genius! I've parked my car before when going to the grocery store, then just hung outside a ways away, and noticed this same phenomenon. :p
CHeers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
^^^^ Simply awesome! LOL!

"The hidden life of a parked Lotus" :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
What a great post! Apparently, our cars have a secret life with other people.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
That is .......the BEST video.... we laughed our @$$ off !!!! :up::up::up:.... I often wonder HOW MANY pictures exist of my car ! ( we've also had the comment " if we didn't have you kids we'd have one of these " also ! )

·
Registered
566 Posts
If I parked my car at certain movie theaters in the Bay Area, the captions would be something like this...

"He likes the car a lot!"
"He is circling the car"
"He is breaking into the car"
"He is taking my stereo, CarPC and iPod from the car"
"He also took the camera that was supposed to be recording the video, hence the lack of a video"

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
A+, nice choice of music too :)

I can see my car from my window across the street, I've seen people try the doors, and not able to help themselves touch it. I don't know if it's some sort of ritual behavior ingrained in our primitive DNA roots that it isn't real until we touch it. People can't seem to help themselves!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
:clap: Nicely done! It's unbelievable how much attention the car gets... people don't believe you when you tell them, but now we have documented proof!

I think someone needs to get a rear view camera video of cars stopped behind the Lotus... I love the random hand gestures that people make while describing the car's contours and visible engine parts...

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
That is .......the BEST video.... we laughed our @$$ off !!!! :up::up::up:.... I often wonder HOW MANY pictures exist of my car ! ( we've also had the comment " if we didn't have you kids we'd have one of these " also ! )
I know mine is now a member of the snapped by the cell phone while at 65 mph club. Its disorientating having someone honk to get your attention so they can take a cool pic.

Oh, and AWESOME video Yokozuna!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
LOVE IT!!! :clap:
Watched all 10 minutes & cracked up. Great idea/job on it. The music was a great compliment.
Thanks for sharing :bow:

·
Registered
654 Posts
I did like how people loved my Elise. It didn't instill jealousy or contempt the way Porsches or Italian exotics could. I think people genuinely think the cars are neat. Kind of made up for interior trim bits occasionally falling off and rattling around in the aluminum tub.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i feared the video would end with this...

(yes, that's the fleeting image shown during every episode of this series' top gear)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Doesn't anyone in Texas know what a Lotus is? Besides you?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts