The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know I'm not the only one on this site who thinks it's unacceptable that the Emira launched with only a single vibrant-coloured paint option (Hethel Yellow).

Ergo, I've taken matters into my own hands and put together a list of what I think are all of the missing "vibrant colour options" that we need!

I'll be ordering my Emira in one of the shades below. 馃槑 Which one is your favourite? What ones did I miss that you'd also like to see?

Registered
@eriegz Yeah mate, they dropped the flippin Foootballll on this one! It boggles my biscuits that they would only offer 6 colors. FAIL!!!! Come on Lotus!!!!
Btw, love all those... my favorite is Bloooo, green, And krypton green! I'd probably order orange though.

Reactions: eriegz

Registered
How about some purple? ;)

Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT - Vivid Green
Early adopters will buy the Emira even with limited color options. As it gets along in years, it will be beneficial for sales to offer colors and options to keep the car fresh and new feeling, and attract other buyers.

Registered
I feel there are two dozen Porsche colors that would look great on the Emira.

Sometimes I think that lotus is so concerned with keeping some extra no cost newness up their sleeve that they shoot themselves in the foot.

Registered
If you want infinite options and a Pantone fan of color options, then Porsche might be the right place to shop.

Lotus is a tiny car manufacturer. Fewer options means easier production. And a lower offering price.

As a point of reference, Porsce builds more cars in four months than Lotus has ever made... that's seventy plus years.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
If you want infinite options and a Pantone fan of color options, then Porsche might be the right place to shop.
To be clear, it's not that I expect to be given the choice of every possible paint choice under the sun at launch time. I understand that Lotus is a smaller manufacturer, etc. I'm just surprised that 5 out of their 6 launch colours are either dark, or grey!
How about some purple? ;)
While I LOVE the purple on your car, that one strikes me as more of a "dark colour" (at least from this photo)... How about if I added a kind of "Cosmic Girl Purple" instead? 馃憖
awesome! Can you please show a glossy black and silver colors too? Thanks.
Wrong thread, homes! 馃槃

Registered
Whooooo! That Krypto Green is calling my name... or I could keep it classy and go with Snow White.

Premium Member
It鈥檚 a mystery to me why any car would not be offered in white. What, Greta Thunberg thinks white isn鈥檛 environmentally sensitive- reflected light contributes to global warming?

I鈥檒l show myself out.

Registered
It鈥檚 a mystery to me why any car would not be offered in white. What, Greta Thunberg thinks white isn鈥檛 environmentally sensitive- reflected light contributes to global warming?

I鈥檒l show myself out.
Maybe white is not offered initially because they are worried about paint mismatch between plastic and metal parts? They want to standardize manufacturing in the initial run to crank as many out as possible?

I think there are some Honda models that they charge extra for white because another coat of paint is needed.

Or they are saving white for some special edition later with coloured decals on it?:unsure:

Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
I will go for Bloooo

Reactions: Crazy05 and eriegz
1 - 20 of 41 Posts