The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

Registered
Obviously a trick of the fake coloring - but Cosmic Girl Purple has enough light/dark variation in the rendering that it really shows off the lines of the car...

That's my choice - and thanks for your effort on putting this together! :)

Kevin

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Obviously a trick of the fake coloring - but Cosmic Girl Purple has enough light/dark variation in the rendering that it really shows off the lines of the car...
So first of all, you're right, and the reason is that "Cosmic Girl" is actually the only one in that set that's a metallic paint! It's based on "Magma Red" from the Lotus configurator, whereas all the others are essentially "flat" colours which were based on "Hethel Yellow". (Initially I tried just creating Cosmic Girl the same way I did all of the others, but the result looked like garbage, and nothing like the Lamborghini "SE30 Purple" on which it's based. 馃槃 Funny how some paint colours feel like they NEED a metallic finish!)

(By the way @dmaxdallas, hope you saw the updated purple in the post! The thread bugged out when I tried to tag you earlier :p)
That's my choice - and thanks for your effort on putting this together! :)
Cheers, no problem! I'm glad somebody else has been inspired. 馃槑馃挭

Registered
So first of all, you're right, and the reason is that "Cosmic Girl" is actually the only one in that set that's a metallic paint! It's based on "Magma Red" from the Lotus configurator, whereas all the others are essentially "flat" colours which were based on "Hethel Yellow". (Initially I tried just creating Cosmic Girl the same way I did all of the others, but the result looked like garbage, and nothing like the Lamborghini "SE30 Purple" on which it's based. 馃槃 Funny how some paint colours feel like they NEED a metallic finish!)

(By the way @dmaxdallas, hope you saw the updated purple in the post! The thread bugged out when I tried to tag you earlier :p)

Cheers, no problem! I'm glad somebody else has been inspired. 馃槑馃挭
Cosmic is really cool, however just a tad pink for me... can you do the Porsche "Ultraviolet purple"????馃檹馃槂

Registered
I want my Emira in Venom Green from the Evija paint options. Or KG or IG. If not I will not be purchasing. The deposit is 100% refundable.

Registered
I recommend everyone message Lotus Cars on Instagram as to which paint color option should be added to First Edition. There is power in numbers.

Registered
There 'might' be more paint options come the time to make a contractual order.
Just an internet rumour at this time. They have the means to do this.

Registered
2008 Lotus Exige S240
I know I'm not the only one on this site who thinks it's unacceptable that the Emira launched with only a single vibrant-coloured paint option (Hethel Yellow).

Ergo, I've taken matters into my own hands and put together a list of what I think are all of the missing "vibrant colour options" that we need!

I'll be ordering my Emira in one of the shades below. 馃槑 Which one is your favourite? What ones did I miss that you'd also like to see?

View attachment 1291826
View attachment 1291911
View attachment 1291827
View attachment 1291828
View attachment 1291829
View attachment 1291830
View attachment 1291831
View attachment 1291832
View attachment 1291833
View attachment 1291834
An olive/OD-Green would be awesome 馃槸

Registered
Either orange or greeeeen for me.
I was surprised with how few color choices there were on the configurator. I was expecting some colors to carry over from the evora/exige/elise. I bet they have buckets of that paint sitting in a shed somewhere.

Registered
2017 Evora 400
I'm sure more color options will be announced once the First Edition cars are manufactured.

Registered
I know I'm not the only one on this site who thinks it's unacceptable that the Emira launched with only a single vibrant-coloured paint option (Hethel Yellow).

Ergo, I've taken matters into my own hands and put together a list of what I think are all of the missing "vibrant colour options" that we need!

I'll be ordering my Emira in one of the shades below. 馃槑 Which one is your favourite? What ones did I miss that you'd also like to see?

View attachment 1291826
View attachment 1291911
View attachment 1291827
View attachment 1291828
View attachment 1291829
View attachment 1291830
View attachment 1291831
View attachment 1291832
View attachment 1291833
View attachment 1291834
Love Bloo. Yes please

21 - 40 of 41 Posts