The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the yellow.
I love biscuit interior.
Am I crazy for wanting them together? The thing that made me ponder this was today I saw a yellow corvette conv. with a tan top.....and it didnt look bad. Now I am no corvette fan but this caught my eye. What does everybody think? oh and i know its not a combo but there was something somewhere about, suposedly, there being no real restrictions in that dept?!

I mean if u think about it, the interior is the part of the car where u spend the most time....

HELP!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,270 Posts
Doesn't sound too terribly bad. I have always thought that if yellow interior was an option it'd look great on saffron. This would be very close but more subdued obviously.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
If the biscuit was darker like say tobacco...but then it wouldn't be biscuit then I'd say go for it but yellow and biscuit... tread lightly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
I just ordered an Elise in yellow. AND orderd a Biscuit interior (the DEaler in Washington did not say it was not a choice) I/m keeping my fingers crossed that they will build it. My hope is that the interior will be avail in something other than black. If not its off to change the order to same old Red or gunmettal/titanium.

I have a Bianco (white) F348 with a similar colored tan interior. While a light color car is a bit more work to keep clean, the light color shows the car's shape off much better than red.. same old Rosso. Dirt loves the flat surfaces of the intakes and grills though, ..of which the elise hase none.

Why not yellow? I even thought the Yellow/red interior would be cool. A bit wild but very cool

I had heard that some colors in the UK came out badly and were ended. Which ones...maybe Orange is on the deadlist
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,154 Posts
Clyde told me at the auto show that we would not be allowed to order combos that aren't listed on the order guide chart. He said that it would slow down production to allow every possible combination, plus some just don't look good.

Of course, this could change in a heartbeat.

Biscuit looked great with green, but I am not sure it would work as well with yellow. I'm guessing that you need more contrast, i.e. a darker exterior color to offset the light interior.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,634 Posts
It's totally subjective, so whatever floats your boat, but I'd say in general terms, contrast is where it's at. So if I were getting yellow, I'd go with a dark interior color - for me, that would be black.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,154 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
I had a yellow Jeep with a Beige top and my yellow Hummer has a beige/brown interior now. The biscuit leather looks great! I am considering the same option choice.

Note: I had a bright blue VW beetle which I special ordered with beige leather. Everyone else ordered it with gray or standard black, I sold it six months ago for $2000 more and in 1 single day off a VW owners website. Owners look for special combos, options, etc in specialty cars. I sold my Jeep fast too saying you have the standard black top, but also for a sunlover's feel, I have a beige bikini top. Since that time, the buyer of the Jeep has purchased yellow and beige seatcovers that look great. Even the new G35 comes with blue with beige interior --- they call it a European Color Combo (Red/Blue/Yellow/Gray/Black all go well with a light interior-- Ferrari, BMW has been doing it for years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
LOTUdaGround said:
I had a yellow Jeep with a Beige top and my yellow Hummer has a beige/brown interior now. The biscuit leather looks great! I am considering the same option choice.

Note: I had a bright blue VW beetle which I special ordered with beige leather. Everyone else ordered it with gray or standard black, I sold it six months ago for $2000 more and in 1 single day off a VW owners website. Owners look for special combos, options, etc in specialty cars. I sold my Jeep fast too saying you have the standard black top, but also for a sunlover's feel, I have a beige bikini top. Since that time, the buyer of the Jeep has purchased yellow and beige seatcovers that look great. Even the new G35 comes with blue with beige interior --- they call it a European Color Combo (Red/Blue/Yellow/Gray/Black all go well with a light interior-- Ferrari, BMW has been doing it for years.
yes, but blue looks GOOD with a beige interior. i don't think yellow does at all. as far as any type of light interior, you might be able to get away with a white (or very light grey).

i also think it would look good with a dark-red/brown or navy blue...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
SeaBayR said:

Why not yellow? I even thought the Yellow/red interior would be cool. A bit wild but very cool
Can anybody photoshop a yellow 'Liz with a red interior, please?
I'd love to see what it would look like. Thanks!

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
825 Posts
babak said:
Doesn't sound too terribly bad. I have always thought that if yellow interior was an option it'd look great on saffron. This would be very close but more subdued obviously.
I've seen a yellow/yellow NSX at our track days (stock factory combo for NSX). It is blindingly heinous, partly because the yellow carpet stained very easily. Unfortunately the picture below does not convey the horror very well.



Note: All opinions are my own are acknowledged in advance to be criminally incorrect. No insults were intended to Babak, Honda Motor Corporation or bananas. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,684 Posts
JeffersonRaley said:
Unfortunately the picture below does not convey the horror very well.

yes it does
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
The contrast suggestion is a good one.
How about Yellow with red.

If they won't build either it'll be either the Ti/red or Red/Biscuit or Graphite/red or blue once that color is out...never a black interior too boring.

Black is just too dark and always looks like you have no imagination Maybe a Black with colored piping like a Fcar or Aston Martin, but not the Elise's funky seat.

Poor Milkester, he may never get a car. let us know how Symbolic treats you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,634 Posts
SeaBayR said:
Poor Milkester, he may never get a car. let us know how Symbolic treats you
Oh, don't worry about me, I'll get a car - an Elise - of that I have absolutely no doubt.

I've been waiting for this car and making inquiries at dealers when many of you guys had never even heard of the Elise - so don't worry about little ole me !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I love the bordeaux red exterior. What are the thoughts on a combination of black and red interior with the bordeaux red exterior. I think it would look good if the interior red is not too bright. I cannot tell from the pictures some show a very bright red interior and others show a darker muted red.
Thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,425 Posts
The Lazer Blue Elise I rented in London had a Biscuit interior, and after 24k miles, it was looking pretty tired. I personally think it's just too light a color for a car like the Elise. You spend way too much time brushing the soles of your feet against the seats and door panels when you're trying to get in and out. Obviously, someone who is fastidious and anal might be okay with it, but I know I wouldn't be...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,634 Posts
I think that's a really good point Robert - black interiors can hide a lot of little scuffs and marks. It's kind of like buying a really light shade of carpet, because it looks so good at the store - but then you forget what a pain it can be to live with day-to-day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,411 Posts
petepara said:
I love the bordeaux red exterior. What are the thoughts on a combination of black and red interior with the bordeaux red exterior. I think it would look good if the interior red is not too bright. I cannot tell from the pictures some show a very bright red interior and others show a darker muted red.
Thoughts?
Heavy Cringe! It would not look good at all. I think even worse then Ardent Red and red interior would. I would think the Bordeaux and Biscuit would be really awesome though.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top