The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would post this link from Cars++. It is their review and specifications on the 2005 Elise. *warning* you will not be able to keep a straight face when reading this page. (Spoiler warning, the car pictured is an Esprit).
http://www.carsplusplus.com/specs2005/lotus_elise.php;)

·
Registered
705 Posts
And I am curious about this "antiblocking system" hahaha

Brake details: Optional antiblocking system (ABS).

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Gotta love it. Almost anyone can start a website :)

I do think the powertrain specs are correct assuming its a European Rover-based Elise. The base rover engine was a total POS.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
The Rover-engined cars, and then the 1ZZ engine cars had 5-speeds. I think the 1zz engine was still in production at least in early 2005? Not for US, though.

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
And I am curious about this "antiblocking system" hahaha

Brake details: Optional antiblocking system (ABS).
I laughed at that too. I guess one can't double-park that car.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
According to the detailed review, the elise offers a slightly worse driving experience than an average car, but fortunately is slightly safer.

·
Registered
572 Posts
According to the detailed review, the elise offers a slightly worse driving experience than an average car...
That is not surprising given the rear tire sizing. I imagine it would be a bit scary in the corners.

Front tire dimensions: 175/55-R16
Rear tire dimensions: 175/55-R16

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
That site exists for the sole purpose of generating ad revenue. It's **** content. They've incurred more than one SEO penalty this year. Sites like this make the internet sad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts