The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
1000bhp ?
250 mile range
Tesla killer?!?
Ok, Lotus. Time to give up on the 'E' naming convention. It's worn out with Evija.

And this rendering? Well, it's the Hot Wheels Lotus concept toy from 10 years ago. I have a dozen of them my grandson plays with

Attachments

Reactions: glb

·
Registered
7,184 Posts
I like the name. Easier to pronounce than Huayra.

No telling how often the Hot Wheels car has been presented as the new Lotus.

·
Loves to talk
1,101 Posts
I was curious about Evija, so here it is.

Etymology: First recorded as a given name of Latvians in 1940. From Eva.

Proper noun: A female given name.

I imagine that like Elise, it continues the convention of a female name starting in E.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
I was curious about Evija, so here it is.

Etymology: First recorded as a given name of Latvians in 1940. From Eva.

Proper noun: A female given name.

I imagine that like Elise, it continues the convention of a female name starting in E.
Is Exige a female name?

The 'E' starts with the Eleven, which was most often published as the word rather than '11.'

Then Elite, Elan, Europa, Eclat, Esprit, Elise, Exige, Evora, now this.

There was even the Etna concept car.

Only the 7 and the (pre electric) hybrids veered from the convention: Cortina, Talbot, etc.

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
169 Posts
Saw a clip that reversed the letters in a partially mirrored fashion to link EVIJA to ALIVE. Thought it was interesting.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Saw a clip that reversed the letters in a partially mirrored fashion to link EVIJA to ALIVE. Thought it was interesting.
Alive... pretty interesting yeah. They should’ve named it “Evil”... still keeps with the E ?

·
Loves to talk
1,101 Posts
Is Exige a female name?

I was thinking of the Elise. Not a convention? OK. Not a convention, just a thing with precedent. Hopefully it will be as successful as the Elise.

The rendering is not encouraging whatever the name is.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I love how Lotus names all their cars starting with an "E". This is unique to Lotus right?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I love how Lotus names all their cars starting with an "E". This is unique to Lotus right?
I agree, I like it too. The Evora's original name was Eagle. If you dig around in the early S1 Evoras you will can find stickers on the inside of panels with the name Eagle. But not all Lotus cars started with E. Not sure if there are more but the Lotus 7 and the Carlton cars comes to mind.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I went to Goodwood were they had the Evija in their enclosure. There was a Type 130 experience that we queued up for.

I'm not really sure what to say. After going to it, I don't really know more than you guys do about it. The car was behind a glass screen, and we were in a tent (ironically, the Type 130 experience leaked water badly in the rain...) They projected up a little promo that was all words onto the glass screen to describe how they were daring to innovate for the drivers, etc.

Then that went away and the car was theoretically revealed. Except it was in a dark room with no light. They poured some smoke in and did some flashes of light, but you didn't really get to see much. What I could see looked a bit like McLaren features mixed with an Evora. That said, I didn't really see enough to form any sort of image.

Photos were strictly forbidden. If you had any sort of photo-taking device on you, it had to go into a sealed shipping bag and you didn't get it back until you left.

In the end, all I really have to show for it is

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
That actually sounds good. So many names are already Trademarked so the true pool of available names is small. Restrict yourself to 'E' and the pool shrinks dramatically! :D

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
I went to Goodwood were they had the Evija in their enclosure..In the end, all I really have to show for it is

Thanks for sharing. I think anyone who gets the car will be interested in those glasses so you may have something of value...:)

The unveiling process is certainly fun for the marketing folks. Building some anticipation is cool but when it gets strung out for too long (NSX) it becomes tedious! Dealers got a sneak peek a few months ago. The rest of us get to see the Evija very soon...:up:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts