The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I really hope they sell them all, but 'Double Figure'? That could be 11.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I really hope they sell them all, but 'Double Figure'? That could be 11.
Yes, but they also say the US allotment is almost completely taken. That is interesting....

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Fully admit to being lazy so I've not searched the web extensively, but is there just the one show/demo/prototype car, or do they actually have a fully functioning, driving, with (mostly) all bells and whistles operating car rolling around out there?

·
Registered
352 Posts
The only rolling video I've seen is Supercar Blondie driving around a tight circle in a parking lot in Monterey. Looks like she may have reached a speed of 3 mph. Anyone else have anything better? Still waiting to hear Hethel lap times, that is, if there are any. Any "real world" performance figures would suffice. Whatever cars they have deposits on are based purely on hype. I wouldn't be so critical if this was to remain a prototype but it's going to be a limited production car and at the reveal it was said there would only be minor refinements. Not that it matters but it was also said the Evija would only be approved for "show and display" in the US. The car currently isn't equipped with air bags. Has it been crash tested?

·
Lovora
14 Posts
Looking at the car during this years Monterey Car week, I was very impressed with the fit and finish of the car. If this was a "one off" prototype, it certainly was well done. There was a giant crowd around the car all day during the Quail event. And as you can see, there is plenty of room for me. I would say there is at least as much room as my Evora 400. I spoke to someone who drove the car and they said it was impressive.

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Looking at the car during this years Monterey Car week, I was very impressed with the fit and finish of the car. If this was a "one off" prototype, it certainly was well done. There was a giant crowd around the car all day during the Quail event. And as you can see, there is plenty of room for me. I would say there is at least as much room as my Evora 400. I spoke to someone who drove the car and they said it was impressive.
To me the steering wheel looks too low. Did you grab the wheel at all? Something seems off unless it's an optical illusion. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
To me the steering wheel looks too low. Did you grab the wheel at all? Something seems off unless it's an optical illusion. :scratchhead:
Steering wheel location is adjustable for tilt and distance. In some photos you can see a lever beneath the steering column. Check out the GGLC Evija Tour video -
(yup... that's me, apologies if your monitor breaks).

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Said the same BS about the T125, they sold one.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Steering wheel location is adjustable for tilt and distance. In some photos you can see a lever beneath the steering column. Check out the GGLC Evija Tour video - https://youtu.be/5HfDrHpJotU (yup... that's me, apologies if your monitor breaks).

Cheers,
Kiyoshi
Nice video and interview! The wheel must have been adjusted lower in the pictures (forgot about adjustments), for some reason I was thinking fixed. :facepalm
The Evija looks stunning in video, can't imagine how good it looks in person! :up::UK:

·
Premium Member
6,756 Posts
maybe I SHOULD BUY A LOTTERY TICKET HMMMMM....

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Does ANYONE have a link to a video of this car moving under its own power, especially at a pace faster than a slow roll needed to move it in place at a car show? For that a single low power electric motor would do the trick.

In other words, a video of the car actually functioning as a car?

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does ANYONE have a link to a video of this car moving under its own power, especially at a pace faster than a slow roll needed to move it in place at a car show? For that a single low power electric motor would do the trick.

Would you let one of the wealthy guests at Monterey drive a one-off car that you built? :smile2:

Rogue Bentley Causes Million-Dollar Pileup in Monaco | TIME.com

·
Registered
352 Posts

Would you let one of the wealthy guests at Monterey drive a one-off car that you built? :smile2:

Rogue Bentley Causes Million-Dollar Pileup in Monaco | TIME.com
No one is asking for a rich guest's driving impression. I think it is a more than fair question. Surely the car has been tested during it's development. The reveal was over 5 weeks ago so why aren't we hearing ANY information about ACTUAL performance numbers, not "targets"? Did anyone at Carmel or Monterey ask? How many hours of real world road testing has this car undergone? Is it a piece of jewelry or a car? Is this the one and only example? No air bag? How about a windshield wiper? Right now based on what is known if money were no object I would take the C8 Corvette over this. No, really, and I'm a Lotus guy! Yes, the Evija certainly looks impressive, but It seems everyone has gone ga-ga with the design and forgotten what's really important.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Reactions: Snowphun

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I just noticed this and complete nitpicking...what an awkward place for the side view camera screen. I know it's placed there for aesthetics but who wants to look over and down when checking their sides.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I don't believe that anyone has driven it at any reasonable speed, it is a barely functioning sales promotion. They admitted in one of the launch videos that Williams hasn't even invented the battery technology they need to meet their claims. They have a long way to go for this to be a success.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts