The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I think I saw in some other article that the full 130 are not being made this year. So what is sold out for 2020 is a much lower number (30? not sure)

·
Loves to talk
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think I saw in some other article that the full 130 are not being made this year. So what is sold out for 2020 is a much lower number (30? not sure)
I'd had the same thought without reading anything beyond the linked article. "2020 production" is strategically worded but to a critical reader it doesn't suggest the full production run is sold out, just "2020 production." Not a lie, but not all the data one might hope for.

At first introduction I wondered if they'd attract any takers at all. I won't be surprised if they don't sell 150 of them through, but selling what they can produce this year (assuming the PR company isn't inventing a reduced production capability) remains a feat beyond what I'd imagined they could actually achieve.

I do agree that the statement can't/shouldn't be interpreted to mean they've "sold them all." But perhaps they've a better start than I for one would have credited them with when the car was introduced.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts

Well I guess that's it then.... If I have to wait till next year I'm cancelling my order right now?

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Sold and production are two things. I am sure each one of these will be VERY meticulously made. Who cares if it take s another year or two for all to be built. That people saw, believed and supported Lotus is without nquestion, a testament to the brand's legacy.

·
Registered
‘20 Evora GT ‘19 Porsche GT3RS ‘18 Alfa Romeo StelQV ’17 Aston Martin V12VS dogleg ‘10 Ferrari 458
26 Posts
Sold and production are two things. I am sure each one of these will be VERY meticulously made. Who cares if it take s another year or two for all to be built. That people saw, believed and supported Lotus is without nquestion, a testament to the brand's legacy.
saw it in person last night...stunning!

pics are here....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts