·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Thanks for the great article...

Another group buy perhaps?:D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thanks for the article. For me, an Elise won't do any longer. I'll take my chances and wait for the Exige.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Frankly, I'm not excited about the rebirth of the Exige ... yada ... yada ... yada.

It's not a convertible. It has a stupid-looking ugly wing on the back and a stupid-looking ugly vent on top.

Not at all interested. Just send me my Elise.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
jml1952 said:
Frankly, I'm not excited about the rebirth of the Exige ... yada ... yada ... yada.

It's not a convertible. It has a stupid-looking ugly wing on the back and a stupid-looking ugly vent on top.

Not at all interested. Just send me my Elise.
I am with you on this one. I can't see how some people are drooling over this when the specs are the same as the Elise and it looks worse.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Peter, good looking forums, now if I only spoke the language! ;)

I have to ask....

I saw a forum over there called " Fri fart " ....may I ask what that translates into?

Fri fart
Här är ni välkomna att prata om allt mellan himmel och jord!

Its offtopic, but is that what "fri fart" means?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Rumors are that if it comes here it will NOT have the same specs as the elise, it will have more HP, so I will continue to drool thank you.....

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Jon said:
Thanks for the article. For me, an Elise won't do any longer. I'll take my chances and wait for the Exige.
I'm curious- as the cars are very similar (LSS Elise), why would'nt the Elise do? Is it the look or the extra downforce above 100mph? Why not get the sure thing now and then if and when we get the Exige, you can trade up?

·
Registered
442 Posts
EVO usually seems to get things right, but this?

Toyota already offers a factory-approved supercharger kit for the engine
Perhaps foreshadowing what Lotus are up to? Just sheer wishful thinking?

Hmm, 1 Elise for touring, 1 Exige for track duty, sure, the wife will go for that!

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
This car is badass. What color is that? That's not Magnetic, is it? I doubt that the Exige will remain 190 hp. I would expect to see at least 220 hp. Anyway, I'll probably trade my Elise for an Exige if it comes stateside, like _JD_ suggested.

The only concern I have is the heat within the cabin and it that it will cost $60k. You'll probably have the AC running most of the time and that's going to steal some power away.

·
Registered
259 Posts
_JD_ said:
I'm curious- as the cars are very similar (LSS Elise), why would'nt the Elise do? Is it the look or the extra downforce above 100mph? Why not get the sure thing now and then if and when we get the Exige, you can trade up?
I'd love to get an Elise now and trade up for the Exige (if it comes at a later date). However, one reason I decided to wait is that I am making payments on my 2002 Viper GTS and don't want to burden my finances further at the moment. I bought the viper about a yr after I had my deposit on the Elise. So, I think I'll wait a bit longer until I pay down the viper somewhat. I do not plan on selling it as it is a blast.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Jon said:
I'd love to get an Elise now and trade up for the Exige (if it comes at a later date). However, one reason I decided to wait is that I am making payments on my 2002 Viper GTS and don't want to burden my finances further at the moment. I bought the viper about a yr after I had my deposit on the Elise. So, I think I'll wait a bit longer until I pay down the viper somewhat. I do not plan on selling it as it is a blast.
cool- I'll bet the Viper is a blast.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
I was speaking with my editor (pistonheads.com) in england and he remarked that dispite the excitment that the new Elise has generated here, in england things aren't so good. There was a total ball dropping (minds out of the gutter please) when it came to the publicity of the new Elise (111R) and the Exige is viewed as a weak attempt to capitalize on the S1 legend. The Exige will need a power boost to seperate itself from the 111R Elise and additional body mods to truly live up to the S1. That's not to say the Exige or the Elise 111R are bad. Just badly represented.

I think the plan was to intro the Exige for Europe and the fed Elise at the same time and let the Rover Elise go in Europe for the next 12 months or so when a power enhancement could be given to the Exige and whatever supply/ purchase agreement of Rover engines could be used/ met. I think the demand by English enthusiests for the Toyota plant had Lotus place the 111R on the market earlier than originally planned and the result was a weak Exige launch.

I'm guessing that a supercharged Exige will show up here and in Europe in about 12 months.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OneFastMiata said:
I saw a forum over there called " Fri fart " ....may I ask what that translates into?
Free fart :D

No...fri=free, fart=speed, so basically "No speed limit".

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
PeterF said:
Free fart :D

No...fri=free, fart=speed, so basically "No speed limit".
So you guys get farting tickets?:)

·
Registered
172 Posts
My brother & I have made inquiries but it is all hush-hush regarding coming to the states. My thoughts are like everyone elses, they don't want elise buyers holding off.
Being that I am put off by having my deposit for the elise in 2 years ago and still haven't placed my order.......I made sure that wouldn't happen again. So we are #1 & #2 in writing this time and it feels pretty good after reading these articles. Gotta go CO on the exige.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts