The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this just happened:

I have never had car do this - sad day. Contacting Park Place who did the repair on my bumper to get this emblem replaced so I don't drive around in a truly unique car ... the EVOR.

After taking these pictures the A completely fell off while I was trying to stick it back on. It looks like it was held on by a foam pad with some little adheasive on each side - REALLY crappy if you ask me considering that leaves room behind the letter and the car.

Need this replaced.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
gahhhhh. sorry man that bites.

how the hell does that happen?! did it get snagged on something? I know when QD my car, the tow sometimes snag on that A so I'm extra careful wiping around it..

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no problem with stick on - that means they can be removed if you want to. This just looks like it is missing a lot of the backing to hold it in place - if you look above the hole in the A there is one small "pad" of stick'em that was holding that section on - it looks like it just broke off from vibration because it wasn't actually glued on properly.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Squid no idea - I was going to clean it tomorrow - you can see in the pictures that it is dirty - no detailing had happened yet.

I am thinking I need to safely get the rest of the EVOR off and remove the gunk - any idea how to do that without hurting the paint?

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Did someone try to take it?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Heh, the car is trying to de-badge itself. Roll with it!

Better than sawing the emblem off with floss (and leaving all the adhesive to be removed with a mixture of elbow grease and some type of solvent), simply apply an adhesive remover (I prefer 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner) to the back of the emblem (I use a monoject syringe to sparingly / precisely apply) and let it sit for a bit (warmer ambient temps help). Then you should just be able to remove the emblem in one piece (including the adhesive foam pad). Voila. Easy. Clean. Much less brain damage than sawing through the adhesive foam pad and then trying to remove the remnants.

Wax the area under the emblem or where you got any adhesive remover runoff.

·
Premium Member
6,241 Posts
No big deal. Just replace it. When they buffed out the bunper, the buffer caught the letters. Debadge or rebadge, 5 minute fix but I agree, it was a sloppy lack of attention to detail.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all - I will be removing it tonight - it just looks bad like that. I do agree though Frank - that is how I roll :)

If I get a new one I might see about getting it painted black for a different look.

At least I might be able to make a positive from this lol.

·
Premium Member
6,241 Posts
You can use the old sign and place it upside down in some corner. Add below it, "if you can read this, please upright". That's what I wrote below my upside down Sugarloaf sticker on my helmet.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've had that happen here a couple times. The "A" on the Evora and the "E" on the new Elise. Seems that the wool wash mits grab the letters. Get some fishing line or dental floss and they'll come right off.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I was washing the car I would understand but not just after parking at home and seeing it there.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Don't feel bad, you're not alone...it's happened to a few of the MY10's & 11's and it seems now that the 12's have joined the party as well.. :)

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I still want the badge on there so I'm hoping that Park Place gets one sent to me to replace it. I like the name Evora so I think it should be there :)

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
At my first service the dealer's buff up guy caught the "S" emblem. Left a few strings in it.

Maybe if our cars weren't so curvy we wouldn't have this issue.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
At my first service the dealer's buff up guy caught the "S" emblem. Left a few strings in it.

Maybe if our cars weren't so curvy we wouldn't have this issue.

Or maybe.. if they molded the emblem to the contour of the bumper we wouldn't have this issue! :)

Wow I just found out this little part retails for £53!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
there's a few at the dealers that are new "missing" the A..woops..

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To remove the rest I used the dental floss method and it looks nice and smells minty - bonus!

Removing the foam adhesive was easy - just rubbed my finger on it a bit and it pulled up with no residue.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts