The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the weight savings is for the carbon fiber package? I’d think the rear deck lid savings would be significant just by itself.

·
Recent Lotus Convert
2020 Evora GT
35 Posts
Info I pieced together on the GT430:

CF weight saving:
-12kg for the rear deck, (agree - mostly in the glass)
-2kg for the roof,
-2kg for the front access panel, door panels ea.
Wheels & Ohlins -10kg each;
Li battery -11.3kg

·
Illegal Alien
5,145 Posts
Reactions: James33

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Anyone know what the weight savings is for the carbon fiber package? I’d think the rear deck lid savings would be significant just by itself.
My carbon access panel just arrived. I weighed the old one, 2lb 4oz without the striker pin. I didn't weigh the new one - now that I have it all aligned and everything perfect, I don't want to take it back off - sorry! I will say this, if you blindfolded me and handed me the bubble wrap it came in and either had the carbon cover in there or not - I would not be able to tell the difference. It weighs nothing.

Of course, a 2 lb difference in my case could also be solved by cutting out the nightly single malt before bed...

The rear hatch is another story... the weight difference from the glass one is drastic. Better cooling too, and looks fantastic - even on the old 'S'... I was worried without the new bumper it wouldn't look right, but it looks like it should have been like that from the beginning. Lines up perfectly with the diffuser and really updates the look of the entire car. Two purchases/mods I'm really happy with! Plus my old hatch looks great hanging on the wall!

Now my only debate is should I wrap the top of the clam in gloss black like the GT series Evoras. hmmm.

-SpaghettiPie

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts