The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the Brake Clutch bleed thread, but that seems to be S1 only.

Just done the annual service on my 2017 Evora 400 & all was well apart from bleeding the clutch cylinder. I have the service manual, which simply states "remove the rear undertray" & "from underneath the engine bay, fit a suitable bleed tube...... & open the nipple"

Not sure if anything has changed from the S1, but the engine mount & transmission oil cooler are completely in the way. Here's a photo, I have circled the Clutch slave cylinder:

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Hood

Access was impossible!

Anyone managed to bleed the clutch on a 400? How did you get access?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've read the Brake Clutch bleed thread, but that seems to be S1 only.

Just done the annual service on my 2017 Evora 400 & all was well apart from bleeding the clutch cylinder. I have the service manual, which simply states "remove the rear undertray" & "from underneath the engine bay, fit a suitable bleed tube...... & open the nipple"

Not sure if anything has changed from the S1, but the engine mount & transmission oil cooler are completely in the way. Here's a photo, I have circled the Clutch slave cylinder:

View attachment 1306243

Access was impossible!

Anyone managed to bleed the clutch on a 400? How did you get access?
Check this thread for answer. Evora 400/GT Clutch Slave Location
Wrap your clutch fluid line if you have not already done so.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SZMan, thanks for posting that, didn't come up when I did a search, then again I searched on "Evora Clutch Bleed" not.. location.... I'll leave this post here so other's can find it when they go through this joyous task!

Odd that the workshop manual has not been updated for the 400.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts