The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new Evora 400 back from the dealer. Haven't had time to really give it the once over but one thing became apparent right away. When I adjust my drivers side mirror out as far as it will go I'm still seeing the side of the car all the way through part of the engine intake. This produces a small blind spot for vehicles coming up along side of me. To eliminate it I would have to slide the seat forward and that's not happening. No issues with the passenger side. The mirror appears to move properly; I just need a little more. I'm going to guess this is normal but would like to check with you folks to confirm. Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is normal. I believe Greg's racing parts has a mirror overlay that gives you a wider view to help fix this issue.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Bfreidah, good observation. I just picked up my GT and thought the same. I thought perhaps the mirror was not properly set in the mirror housing. I had a 2011 NA and did not have this issue. Will have to look at GRP for mirror overlay.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I have my mirrors adjusted per the "Tappet" brothers (Click and Clack) who used to be on NPR. When a passing car disappears in the rear view mirror, it appears in the side view mirror - eliminates blind spots. I do not see the side of the car. At 5'11" my seat might be more forward than yours.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I use this on the mirror. It's adjustable and cheap. Works great. From Amazon for about $9.

EEEKit 2Pcs Universal Auto Wide Angle Convex Rear Side View Blind Spot Mirror for Car

1574909173977.png

·
Registered
418 Posts
Same on my 17 400.......does not go out as far as the S1 did. Am thinking about pulling mirror glass and fabricating small "wedge" mounting insert to angle out farther. It's close as is, just a small unsighted area, for me at 5ft 9in and seat mid positioned-leaning slightly forward when viewing fills in area.......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good info, thanks to all. Now to diverge in another direction. Last night, 2nd time riding the car and the rev limiter won't go past 4,000 rpm no matter which driving mode. Not happy with that. Another common problem?

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
And this is after car has fully warmed up I assume? If so sounds like you are in limp mode, are you getting a check engine light? A cheap OBDI reader could be useful to see if you have any faults

·
Registered
191 Posts
For me, I had a limp mode problem with the parking brake sensor faulting. I throws NO CODES. This apparently is common and a $20 part replaced under warranty but I carry a spare for track days now.

it’s under the dash and a small white plunger. It’s awkward to get down there, but depress the brake with one hand and feel if the plunger has about a quarter inch of play against the spring. You can pull it out a click or two (takes a little force).

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Just got my new Evora 400 back from the dealer. Haven't had time to really give it the once over but one thing became apparent right away. When I adjust my drivers side mirror out as far as it will go I'm still seeing the side of the car all the way through part of the engine intake. This produces a small blind spot for vehicles coming up along side of me. To eliminate it I would have to slide the seat forward and that's not happening. No issues with the passenger side. The mirror appears to move properly; I just need a little more. I'm going to guess this is normal but would like to check with you folks to confirm. Thanks
I know with my Evora you can put some pressure on the mirror while holding the cover, and it will click out enough to achieve a view down the side without the side of the car in the view.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For me, I had a limp mode problem with the parking brake sensor faulting. I throws NO CODES. This apparently is common and a $20 part replaced under warranty but I carry a spare for track days now.

it’s under the dash and a small white plunger. It’s awkward to get down there, but depress the brake with one hand and feel if the plunger has about a quarter inch of play against the spring. You can pull it out a click or two (takes a little force).

View attachment 1255562
Good to know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And this is after car has fully warmed up I assume? If so sounds like you are in limp mode, are you getting a check engine light? A cheap OBDI reader could be useful to see if you have any faults
No faults, the engine was warm but I had stopped at the store to pick something up and goosed it 30 seconds after re-starting the engine. Probably should have waited longer. It is not doing it today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts