The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an Evora 400 from a west coast dealer. Unfortunately the car was delivered missing its front undertray, which was finally delivered and installed after several weeks of waiting. However, when my local shop installed the front undertray, they discovered that 2 small panels were missing. They ended up using panels from another Evora that they had in the shop to hold me over for the time being. In the picture below, the 2 dirty panels are the panels in question.

When i notified the dealer, I was told that all 400s don't have those 2 panels, and sent me the second picture, which shows the undertray of another 400 on their showroom floor missing those panels.

However, when I look up the Evora parts 400 diagram, it shows part 15 and 15a. I find it hard to believe that those 2 panels were just deleted on the 400s that were produced (and the attachment points/screw holes were left there), and the parts diagram was not updated.

Can any Evora 400 owners verify whether or not the 400 comes with those 2 small panels on the front undertray? If there's any way you can upload a picture so that i have visual proof it would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Grey
987 Posts
I just went to my garage to look. Yes, I have the cover pieces on mine. I attached a picture. I can't get under too well, but you can see the panels.

Buuuuut I was told that the Evora 400 doesn't come with a tool kit (wheel lug, tow hook, etc.) Did yours?
If it didn’t come with a tow hook or the lug tool, how would you tow it or replace the wheels? I have an S1 Evora, but missing that tool kit seems absurd.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just went to my garage to look. Yes, I have the cover pieces on mine. I attached a picture. I can't get under too well, but you can see the panels.

Buuuuut I was told that the Evora 400 doesn't come with a tool kit (wheel lug, tow hook, etc.) Did yours?
If it didn’t come with a tow hook or the lug tool, how would you tow it or replace the wheels? I have an S1 Evora, but missing that tool kit seems absurd.
That was my EXACT question. Didn't get a reply, so I just bought them myself.

·
Registered
311 Posts
well, you just bought a lotus. what do you expect? lol....this is what makes our cars unique. you will never find two exactly the same. things get changes, deleted, added, swapped with whatever in stock at the time....

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
755 Posts
I love how I go on the factory tour and they boast how precise they are about all parts and fasteners but yet I found lose bolts on my car and yours was flat out missing stuff. That's crazy! Car is amazing dn well engineered, but come on, that's just silly.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I should add, I bought mine used from a lotus dealer after the previous owner had it for 7 months (they traded it for a McLaren). So it may have had the tool kit originally, but it was the response from the dealer saying that they don't come with one when I asked is what surprised me.

·
Registered
637 Posts
PHP:
I should add, I bought mine used from a lotus dealer after the previous owner had it for 7 months (they traded it for a McLaren). So it may have had the tool kit originally, but it was the response from the dealer saying that they don't come with one when I asked is what surprised me.
Mine had a lug nut adapter and tow hook in a Velcro sleeve that was inside a sealed plastic bag with some other frame part that I don’t what it’s for. So definitely comes from factory with one.

Here are my crappy pictures of the undertray. Hard to see from the angles I took (not to mention the upload process flipping them upside down).

Attachments

·
Registered
637 Posts
So basically, it’s the dealers who are often full of sh*t. It’s great to hear about (and from) the engaged dealers on the forum. But Lotus is being let down by their dealer network in the US.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yea, I was surprised when I was told that as well. Both of my previous lotus had the Velcro pouch you're talking about. I just dropped it and figured it got lost, so I bought a new one after the sale.

No problem for the pics. Hope your dealer will pull through and get those pieces for you.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I think I'd be more worried about why the undertray was removed. If the dealer won't explain, I'd probably reach out to Lotus USA and request an explanation from the dealer. Tool kit on a used car, not surprising - owners do that all the time. Missing an entire body panel on a new car though. Not ok. Really need to start holding these dealers to the fire with Lotus more often.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think I'd be more worried about why the undertray was removed. If the dealer won't explain, I'd probably reach out to Lotus USA and request an explanation from the dealer. Tool kit on a used car, not surprising - owners do that all the time. Missing an entire body panel on a new car though. Not ok. Really need to start holding these dealers to the fire with Lotus more often.
That's a good point. I agree with pushing the dealer for an answer.

My problem wasn't that my used car didn't have a toolkit. My problem was that I was told by a lotus dealer none of them were shipped with one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.