The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'17 Evora 400, IPS, Racing Green
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Developing some visible cracking along the inside serpentine belt ridges, so I was looking to find this part from third party but to no avail. I have the original straight-ridged belt, not the revised v-back/gatorback one introduced in ~2018.

There seems to have been minimal discussion about the 400's revised gatorback belt (Lotus part number C132E6533) - the only part numbers I can find for the revised V-back design (vs. just straight ridges on the old belts) are for the NA and S cars, and I'm assuming the belt length for the 400 is different due to the differing SC.

So, does anyone have an aftermarket (Goodyear? Continental?) gatorback serpentine belt part number for the Evora 400? I'm penny-pinching here, the part is $35 from lotuspartsonline.com but in this Amazon era I hate the idea of paying $15 for shipping. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
2,646 Posts
Developing some visible cracking along the inside serpentine belt ridges, so I was looking to find this part from third party but to no avail. I have the original straight-ridged belt, not the revised v-back/gatorback one introduced in ~2018.

There seems to have been minimal discussion about the 400's revised gatorback belt (Lotus part number C132E6533) - the only part numbers I can find for the revised V-back design (vs. just straight ridges on the old belts) are for the NA and S cars, and I'm assuming the belt length for the 400 is different due to the differing SC.

So, does anyone have an aftermarket (Goodyear? Continental?) gatorback serpentine belt part number for the Evora 400? I'm penny-pinching here, the part is $35 from lotuspartsonline.com but in this Amazon era I hate the idea of paying $15 for shipping. Thanks in advance!
So you have a $70,000 car but won’t support one of the very few last vendors we have to order parts for our cars from by spending what they charge to get the part to you and would rather give it to Amazon? Got it....

If I were you I’d just purchase from where you already found and realize that it’s the cost of ownership. $50 for a new belt isnt breaking the bank in my honest opinion....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you have a $70,000 car but won’t support one of the very few last vendors we have to order parts for our cars from by spending what they charge to get the part to you and would rather give it to Amazon? Got it....

If I were you I’d just purchase from where you already found and realize that it’s the cost of ownership. $50 for a new belt isnt breaking the bank in my honest opinion....
Sorry, asking for parts info, not budget advice. Look for trouble elsewhere.

I also actually do want to know if there is a non-OEM equivalent as there has been for the NA and S belts because that info could be handy in the future. Thus the original ask - is there a non-OE equivalent for the OE gatorback belt?

Monkeywrench has the gatorback style for $48 Lotus OEM Accessory Belt - Evora 400, 400+, GT

Lotusparts.com might have better shipping if you're closer to Indiana. 🤷‍♂️
Thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
2,646 Posts
Sorry, asking for parts info, not budget advice. Look for trouble elsewhere.

I also actually do want to know if there is a non-OEM equivalent as there has been for the NA and S belts because that info could be handy in the future. Thus the original ask - is there a non-OE equivalent for the OE gatorback belt?

Thanks for the suggestions!
Not picking trouble at all, just pointing out the obvious fact that you’re part of the issue with people starting to not support the last remaining vendors for parts for our vehicles by trying to find an already cheap part for cheaper, and that you’ll see no matter what way you go, OEM or AM, you’re gonna be in it $50 since shipping rates are elevated. Trying to save you some time by just telling to order the part you need cause you’re unlikely to find what you need for cheaper then that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not picking trouble, just pointing out the obvious fact that you’re part of the issue, and that you’ll see no matter what way you go, you’re gonna be in it $50 since shipping rates are elevated.
No, you're jumping to conclusions, all I asked for was part numbers for any non-OE alternatives. I'm not irrational, if I need to pay $15 for shipping to get my part I'll pay it regardless of whether I like that number or not, and if everywhere turns out to be $50 then that's how much I'll pay.

I don't understand what you're hoping to achieve by accusing me of being some economic saboteur targeting North America's last remaining reserve of Lotus serpentine belts. My question is literally based on the hunch that these belts may not be as scarce as Lotus makes them out to be since they've proven to be available elsewhere in the past. Why is that unreasonable?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I snagged an old style 400 belt (B132E6533F) for almost nothing - $2 - from Manhattan Motorcars to measure. The specs are pretty unusual. Noting here for reference, but couldn't find anything that matched exactly. Ended up ordering the belt from lotuspartsonline.

Old 400 belt specs:
Dayco 7PK2958
7-rib
15/16ths-inch top width
2958mm (~116.5in) effective length

Closest I found was Gates K071150/K071150RPM but that's still an inch short. Next length up goes to 119".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.