The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bled my clutch slave cylinder in the past on a 2012 Evora S but I do not remember the location and I cannot find the slave now on my 400. I have a GRP CAI which I thought made it easier to see and got in trunk and also underneath car and cannot find it. Any help is super appreciated I'm trying to bleed that before I bleed my brakes

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've bled my clutch slave cylinder in the past on a 2012 Evora S but I do not remember the location and I cannot find the slave now on my 400. I have a GRP CAI which I thought made it easier to see and got in trunk and also underneath car and cannot find it. Any help is super appreciated I'm trying to bleed that before I bleed my brakes
from underneath follow the line from the damper number 18 to the slave. Evora 400 hard to shift at track.. Clutch Master...

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are more things in the way on the 400 I belive this is the problem I did my Evora S from underneath the car. Not happening on a 400 and I don't see a way to do it from up top either... at a loss at the moment cannot figure this out.

Can anyone chime in that has successfully done this on a 400/GT

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found it!!! Definitely was difficult to locate the bleeder it is butt up against some metal have not actually tried to loosen the valve yet but wanted to document how to get to it

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
It's the same location on all the Evoras; just the S2s have more stuff in the way now.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's the same location on all the Evoras; just the S2s have more stuff in the way now.
Yes thats the problem I was having navigating the additional plumbing and wires makes it tough. I'm going to take one more look when I get back to the car but I don't think there is a way to do it underneath the car where as on the S1s that was my go to method.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Kind of makes me wish I had finished my remote bleeder solution I was working on. Never could find the proper AN fittings though, so if I were to put something together, it would likely come with a modified slave cylinder.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
429 Posts
You need to do it from the top but be careful not to crush the "chimney"- best to take it off. You also need to take the undertray off because you will inevitably get some spillage that you will need to clean up. So its a pretty involved job for something that ought to be simple.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You need to do it from the top but be careful not to crush the "chimney"- best to take it off. You also need to take the undertray off because you will inevitably get some spillage that you will need to clean up. So its a pretty involved job for something that ought to be simple.
Thanks good advice on the chimney ill take a look and see. I do have the undertray off hoping I can run a line to a pan under the car and be okay

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Kind of makes me wish I had finished my remote bleeder solution I was working on. Never could find the proper AN fittings though, so if I were to put something together, it would likely come with a modified slave cylinder.
A few weeks ago when doing my clutch bleed, I searched again to try to come up with a remote bleeder. I still couldn't come up with anything either.(n)

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Just a brief update on this effort...

I present the world's first (only?) 304SS M7x1.0 to -3 AN adapter fitting:

Wood Hardwood Varnish Screw Art
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Wood String instrument accessory

Unfortunately, given that the exhaust heat shield is literally right next to the stock bleeder, I don't believe there will be sufficient clearance for a 90-degree elbow (not without modifying the heat shield):

Wood Camera accessory Cameras & optics Automotive tire Wood stain

I'm currently working on a fixed 90-degree adapter, which would reduce the overall height, but may end up presenting an orientation issue, depending on the threading and how it seats. I've also ordered a bunch of things to build a make-shift hydraulic system on the bench, to test for leaks and to gauge what sort of pressures would be seen within the line.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Yeah, that shield is super close already. Its a pain just trying to get a bleeder hose on.

Props to you for getting an adapter!! At least you are making progress on this.
Did you have it machined or found it somewhere?

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Props to you for getting an adapter!! At least you are making progress on this.
Did you have it machined or found it somewhere?
I couldn't find a shop willing to machine one in low quantities, so I did the next best thing and bought a lathe, watched a bunch of YT videos, practiced a lot with various other materials (I made a few out of 6061-T6 aluminum), and that's where I ended up. If the end result works, then I'll see if any of those places I contacted would be willing to mass produce them. Most seem to only deal in MOQs in the 1000s, or 10s of 1000s.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
I couldn't find a shop willing to machine one in low quantities, so I did the next best thing and bought a lathe, watched a bunch of YT videos, practiced a lot with various other materials (I made a few out of 6061-T6 aluminum), and that's where I ended up. If the end result works, then I'll see if any of those places I contacted would be willing to mass produce them. Most seem to only deal in MOQs in the 1000s, or 10s of 1000s.
Of course you did (y)
We wouldn't expect anything less. It seems like there isn't too much you can't tackle!
I bow down to you... :)

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Finally got around to installing my remote slave cylinder bleeder solution yesterday. Getting to the slave cylinder bolts is such a pain; it probably would have been easier had I just removed the starter temporarily. I decided it was a good opportunity to also swap in a new CRT-087.

Here are some pics of the 90 degree adapter block I ended up using. It was machined from 6061-T6, and pressure tested on my test rig for over 4 days @ 100psi with no signs of leakage:

Font Line Gas Automotive exterior Electric blue
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper
Product Microphone Font Gas Electric blue

Even though it was leak-free, I decided to use some Loctite 545 on the M7 bleeder side just to ensure a solid connection. Here's the block installed, along with the remote bleeder setup (Russell 641370 and 12" SS braided -3AN brake line w/ 90):

Font Electric blue Fashion accessory Sleeve Food
Bicycle part Material property Camera accessory Auto part Electric blue
Circuit component Automotive tire Electronic engineering Gas Asphalt

I didn't grab a pic, but I also covered the block in DEI heat-reflective tape, and the SS line in 1/2" heat shroud. I did grab this quick vid during the flush/refill, and happy to report that it works as intended!

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive fuel system

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Finally got around to installing my remote slave cylinder bleeder solution yesterday. Getting to the slave cylinder bolts is such a pain; it probably would have been easier had I just removed the starter temporarily. I decided it was a good opportunity to also swap in a new CRT-087.

Here are some pics of the 90 degree adapter block I ended up using. It was machined from 6061-T6, and pressure tested on my test rig for over 4 days @ 100psi with no signs of leakage:

View attachment 1302115 View attachment 1302116 View attachment 1302120

Even though it was leak-free, I decided to use some Loctite 545 on the M7 bleeder side just to ensure a solid connection. Here's the block installed, along with the remote bleeder setup (Russell 641370 and 12" SS braided -3AN brake line w/ 90):

View attachment 1302117 View attachment 1302118 View attachment 1302119

I didn't grab a pic, but I also covered the block in DEI heat-reflective tape, and the SS line in 1/2" heat shroud. I did grab this quick vid during the flush/refill, and happy to report that it works as intended!

View attachment 1302121
Great job as usual! (y)(y)

So, is that another adapter you machined?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts