The Lotus Cars Community banner

Evora 400 / GT Seat options- 430 buckets vs Eltech vs Recaro Sportster CS vs ???

535 10
For those of you who are willing to consider an aftermarket seat to replace the beautiful OEM Sparco SPX's primarily for the road with occasional track use and would also like a lower seating position- what are reasonable options? I've read other threads on LotusTalk but it's unclear if they check these boxes. I don't mind losing the recline or slider functionality- no one else sits / drives the car, and it's a long term keeper :)

Eltech Italia

Product Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car seat cover

Recaro Sportster CS

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Lotus Evora 430 Carbon Buckets

Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Car seat cover

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
I've got a similar post going here Evora 400 Alcantara Seats vs Carbon Bucket Seats , my plan is to swap mine for the hans style carbon fiber buckets from the elige/410+ evora. I think they look incredible and give it a much more aggressive look, the way it shouldve been from factory for the US. They also drop about 60+ lbs in weight.
Are you going to end up selling your sparcos?

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT (Nightfall) / 2021 Cayenne GTS (Quartzite) / 2022 GT4RS (incoming)
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agree 100% about the OEM carbon buckets- where are you in the process? Have you acquired the seats- and will they attach on the factory sparco mounts?

My primary goal is finding a lower seating position so I'm open to other options although the 410-430 carbon buckets are by far the best-looking alternative-

Here's another option on sparco's website-

Sparco QRT-C (carbon fiber)

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Car seat cover

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm in the process at the moment, need to confirm if I can reuse the brackets but if not, I'll get the grp ones. I'll also get a separate seat belt buckle so I can make the swap without transferring anything.
I have the qrt-r I used for track, it's really nice but I'll personally be sticking to oem parts

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT (Nightfall) / 2021 Cayenne GTS (Quartzite) / 2022 GT4RS (incoming)
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Prefer OEM as well. Reached out to @Kageorg11 on instagram who made this switch 2 yrs ago; will also contact deroure.com re: seat and bracket availability.

Should be a fun project this winter while the GT is hibernating for the winter here in Chicago :)

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT - Epsom green/Zest yellow/Carbon pack
184 Posts
Prefer OEM as well. Reached out to @Kageorg11 on instagram who made this switch 2 yrs ago; will also contact deroure.com re: seat and bracket availability.

Should be a fun project this winter while the GT is hibernating for the winter here in Chicago :)
I’m in the Chicago land area and about to pull the trigger on the carbon buckets. Let me know if you want to meet up to check them out before you buy! Gary confirmed the trim shop is still making them!

·
Registered
406 Posts

I found someone in the UK that sells spares but will provide their info once I actually go through with the transaction and can vouch for them. GRP brackets will be universal and i believe a little over half the cost of the OEM ones.
I am still waiting on my 430 wing, splitter and KT tune but those are my plans for the winter

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m in the Chicago land area and about to pull the trigger on the carbon buckets. Let me know if you want to meet up to check them out before you buy! Gary confirmed the trim shop is still making them!
That would be great...have only seen one other Evora around here in the western suburbs- a spectacular metallic green at the corner of York and 22nd St in Oakbrook this summer- perhaps that was you :)

Also- pardon my ignorance- who is Gary?

@Jedifar- sounds good- keep us updated- looking forward to seeing the final product!

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT - Epsom green/Zest yellow/Carbon pack
184 Posts
That would be great...have only seen one other Evora around here in the western suburbs- a spectacular metallic green at the corner of York and 22nd St in Oakbrook this summer- perhaps that was you :)

Also- pardon my ignorance- who is Gary?
If it had yellow cat scratches that was most likely me! I love hitting that tunnel just past the shopping center heading east/west. My buddy lives in Westchester so I run through there when I don’t want to jump on the highway.
Gary is who I’m in contact with from bell and colvill in the uk. He’s usually in contact with lotus directly and has been incredibly helpful through my bumper conversion order and now the seat orders.
love that there’s a fellow lotus owner near me!!

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Like anything, there are pros and cons to each option. The OEM buckets could be made to sit pretty darn low but (1) they are probably out of production and thus expensive and (2) are probably neither as comfortable or as supportive as a proper Recaro or Sparco race seat. The only issue with something like a Recaro race seat is making sure you have the right bracket to mount as low as possible and proper 3 point belt routing. On the latter point, many race seats don't allow for proper routing.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Like anything, there are pros and cons to each option. The OEM buckets could be made to sit pretty darn low but (1) they are probably out of production and thus expensive and (2) are probably neither as comfortable or as supportive as a proper Recaro or Sparco race seat. The only issue with something like a Recaro race seat is making sure you have the right bracket to mount as low as possible and proper 3 point belt routing. On the latter point, many race seats don't allow for proper routing.
Its possible to acquire a used set, you just have to be on constant lookout. I am currently exploring a few options at the moment. And while they're out of production on models, you can still order them directly from Deroure. A buddy of mine is having his speced out at the moment and they will be custom tailored from Lotus themselves. Of course going that route you're easily looking at $6k+ with a few weeks of wait. But its possible to get them under $3k for a used set, I know a couple local elise owners that got a set for only $2k. It might be even worth getting a cheap set then having a local automotive upholestry shop redo them in your liking. And although they might not be as good as a real race seat, thats not what its intended for, rather its a good compromise. I just love the way they look, imo the best looking OEM seat option out there and I'd only purchase a pair if they had the Lotus logo on them.
You're also right about the race seats, there's an evora owner on youtube that put a race seat in his and he custom fabricated a bracket to fit....its doable but if there's a factory option out there already, is it really worth the headache at that point?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts