The Lotus Cars Community banner

Evora 400 / GT Seat options- 430 buckets vs Eltech vs Recaro Sportster CS vs ???

561 10
For those of you who are willing to consider an aftermarket seat to replace the beautiful OEM Sparco SPX's primarily for the road with occasional track use and would also like a lower seating position- what are reasonable options? I've read other threads on LotusTalk but it's unclear if they check these boxes. I don't mind losing the recline or slider functionality- no one else sits / drives the car, and it's a long term keeper :)

Eltech Italia

Product Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car seat cover

Recaro Sportster CS

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Lotus Evora 430 Carbon Buckets

Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Car seat cover

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT (Nightfall) / 2021 Cayenne GTS (Quartzite) / 2022 GT4RS (incoming)
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agree 100% about the OEM carbon buckets- where are you in the process? Have you acquired the seats- and will they attach on the factory sparco mounts?

My primary goal is finding a lower seating position so I'm open to other options although the 410-430 carbon buckets are by far the best-looking alternative-

Here's another option on sparco's website-

Sparco QRT-C (carbon fiber)

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Car seat cover

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT (Nightfall) / 2021 Cayenne GTS (Quartzite) / 2022 GT4RS (incoming)
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Prefer OEM as well. Reached out to @Kageorg11 on instagram who made this switch 2 yrs ago; will also contact deroure.com re: seat and bracket availability.

Should be a fun project this winter while the GT is hibernating for the winter here in Chicago :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m in the Chicago land area and about to pull the trigger on the carbon buckets. Let me know if you want to meet up to check them out before you buy! Gary confirmed the trim shop is still making them!
That would be great...have only seen one other Evora around here in the western suburbs- a spectacular metallic green at the corner of York and 22nd St in Oakbrook this summer- perhaps that was you :)

Also- pardon my ignorance- who is Gary?

@Jedifar- sounds good- keep us updated- looking forward to seeing the final product!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts