The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
They show a quilted panel at 14:25~, is that from an E400? I've been all over my car and have never seen that panel/latch handle.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Good watch, thanks for the post. The comments section is all over the place, praise along with horrible reliability.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I watched it yesterday. Good piece. I really liked the color of the other car. Very unusual. I wonder what they call it?

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I thought it was just in the lighting? But i am a little color blind so probably wrong

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
859 Posts
I’m going to say it’s the lighting that makes it look a bit pink. They mention that the car is red in the dialog and the paint matches the color of the calipers. I’m going to say it’s Ardent Red with some strange filter or light source.

Attachments

·
Formerly EliseIn2005
255 Posts
Filmed driving only on straight roads

Bummer they didn’t film any time on the twisties of Mulholland. That’s where Jay would have truly been able to experience the handling dynamics.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Would have preferred a little more energy out of either of them. "Nice" review, but so little action. I like the discussions while driving... at least their voices are a bit more animated.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had a chuckle when Russell said the Elise was a compromise. Depends on what your priorities are...

·
Loves to talk
1,106 Posts
All coverage is good coverage, especially when our cars are lauded for their positive qualities as they were here but I agree about the lack of chemistry and energy.

It does seem like now, two years after introduction, the 4xx series is getting more positive coverage than it has in the years since actual introduction. A rebirth in interest in the market? Hope so.

·
Illegal Alien
5,145 Posts
All coverage is good coverage, especially when our cars are lauded for their positive qualities as they were here but I agree about the lack of chemistry and energy.

It does seem like now, two years after introduction, the 4xx series is getting more positive coverage than it has in the years since actual introduction. A rebirth in interest in the market? Hope so.
Like a fine wine, it takes some time to mature before the rave reviews come in.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
But the 2+2 comments...

I enjoyed the episode, and liked to see the changes in the 2019 model (since I have a 2017). I was not a fan of the louvered rear window in the red Evora 400, and I also saw that the badge was decals instead of hard lettering. I wonder if that was a weight saving option?

There were a few comments about how the back seats were good for a small child during the segment. I just thought that was ridiculous. Does anyone here put a small child in the back of their 400? Just curious - maybe my perception is wrong?

·
Illegal Alien
5,145 Posts
I enjoyed the episode, and liked to see the changes in the 2019 model (since I have a 2017). I was not a fan of the louvered rear window in the red Evora 400, and I also saw that the badge was decals instead of hard lettering. I wonder if that was a weight saving option?

There were a few comments about how the back seats were good for a small child during the segment. I just thought that was ridiculous. Does anyone here put a small child in the back of their 400? Just curious - maybe my perception is wrong?

I used the back seat for transporting my daughter and her friend(s) that I picked up at school. This worked in Intermediate and JrH

1 - 20 of 26 Posts