The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

In an effort to get over my "too bad of weather for the track" blues, I'm planning out things I need to do to get ready for next track season.

I haven't found any good Rear Tow Hook/Strap options for the Evora 400, besides the more catastrophic mods of slicing up the diffuser and custom bolting something to the frame.

Any other options that people have come across?

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice find! Looks like it's new to the market as it's Pre-Order.

Any thoughts on them mounting it to the undertray bolts? Is that area strong enough?

They specifically state "Safe to tow a ROLLING car". I wonder how it would do if you are off in the gravel (don't ask me how I know so much about being in the gravel).

Thanks!

·
Registered
362 Posts
That looks really really dicey...

Just curious, what are you using for the front tow? I just ordered this... though pricey. I plan to alter colors a little on the black one with a yellow accent..

·
Illegal Alien
4,999 Posts
I don't consider those bolts and the cross member strong enough to pull out a car from a road-off. The factory Motorsport rear tow strap bolts to the longitudinal frame member. Frame needs drilling.

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
591 Posts
Where can you buy a Motorsports style rear mount?

·
Illegal Alien
4,999 Posts
Where can you buy a Motorsports style rear mount?
I purchased mine back in 2012 or so and moved it to my newer Evora. Maybe check with VSA, if they have any left over.

·
Illegal Alien
4,999 Posts

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
That is the front start and is very similar to the original Lotus Motorsport setup, however I thought the OP was asking about a rear setup.
Exactly, as it's in the title.

I also agree with your above advice to contact VSA.

San

·
Vendor
1,236 Posts
+1 for VSA on the rear strap.
Shoot Allen a email -- he has been super busy moving lately so might not answer the phone.
In the meantime we can also explore getting some of these for stock through him as well since he isnt much interested in doing day to day retail.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sorry for the confusion. I (the OP) was responding to dogtag's question about what I was using for the FRONT strap.

GRP front tow strap FTW.

I would love to see a rear tow strap from GRP. Either the VSA version or something GRP developed. GRP has very solid parts/solutions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts