The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
My car was in last week for it's first service and they took care of it. Very quick fix and then they have to destroy the metal piece and send off a picture of that to Lotus

·
Registered
110 Posts
Anyone have a picture of the area/piece they are referring to? Doesn't sound like a very critical recall piece especially if you live far from a dealer.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Anyone have a picture of the area/piece they are referring to? Doesn't sound like a very critical recall piece especially if you live far from a dealer.
I don't have a picture of it but have a picture of it not there. It is the piece in the front of the passenger floorwell, here is a picture I took when I wired radar detector. The part they replace is the panel that is off in this picture

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very Cool. Would you remove the metal bit to see the fuses? If not, what covers the fuses other than carpet?

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
A metal plate covers the fuses, they replace that metal plate with a new one with new carpet attached to it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Redsled, I am looking to wire a small power subwoofer. Can you please tell me how you get power for your radar detector? Which wire to tap into?

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Really? A recall because an unbelted passenger get hurt in a wreck? Not getting a whole lot of sympathy from this motorcycle rider, that's for sure.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I used "Add a circuit" from autozone and tapped into the accessory fuse. I don't think it's enough to power a sub with an amp in it......

·
Registered
150 Posts
Although they should fix it, it is hard to imagine anyone who would sit in a Lotus without buckling up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
it's funny... mine i just bought got held up at the dealership for this recall! took me an additional 2 weeks before they would release the car! man i was chomping at the bit!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts