The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

evora 400 red badge flaking...

4K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  stroem 
#1 ·
so i've seen a few posts about the badge flaking... just noticed mine is starting after the wash i just gave it. i was able to very easily remove some of it with my fingernail. has there been any improvements that anyone is aware of with replacing from the dealer? or is it just a direct replacement and more than likely going to happen again?

i've also seen the "updated 400 emblem" that hethel sport is selling... they claim that it is supposed to be better than the stock one. just wondering if anyone has experience with those.

#3 · (Edited)
so i've seen a few posts about the badge flaking... just noticed mine is starting after the wash i just gave it. i was able to very easily remove some of it with my fingernail. has there been any improvements that anyone is aware of with replacing from the dealer? or is it just a direct replacement and more than likely going to happen again?
My 3rd badge was fitted 2 weeks ago... I have seen reports that new stock is improved, guess we will see...

i've also seen the "updated 400 emblem" that hethel sport is selling... they claim that it is supposed to be better than the stock one. just wondering if anyone has experience with those.
2018's have black transfers instead of the 2017 badges with depth & flaking finish. I'd rather have the 2017 badge with the red finish removed (so the badge appears chrome like the LOTUS badge.)

The Hethelsport ad says "End your frustration and replace it with the latest original factory Lotus 400 emblem. This is an OE part that appears to be anodized for a long-lasting finish." this implies they are selling the OEM badge that has been improved. Hopefully this is what I now have...

#24 ·
My 3rd badge was fitted 2 weeks ago... I have seen reports that new stock is improved, guess we will see...

2018's have black transfers instead of the 2017 badges with depth & flaking finish. I'd rather have the 2017 badge with the red finish removed (so the badge appears chrome like the LOTUS badge.)

The Hethelsport ad says "End your frustration and replace it with the latest original factory Lotus 400 emblem. This is an OE part that appears to be anodized for a long-lasting finish." this implies they are selling the OEM badge that has been improved. Hopefully this is what I now have...
Has anyone tried the emblem from Hethelsport? Is it actually improved over the original logo? Does it peal again?

#4 ·
And I thought my decals were cheap! My 1st Evora actually had painted logos applied prior to clear coating, was great for car washing, nothing to snag or discolor, but I guess the application was too expensive hand painting with stencils.

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
That model comes out in 2026 but will end up being called the 899 after you place the order.

#7 ·
Well you'll have Evora GT already so either purchase a 410 and cross out the zero or purchase a 410 and 430 decal to combine and name yours a 413

#13 ·
Red 400 flaked within a year; removed remaining with fingernail/wooden spud, easily, and like the all chrome look.
Simple, cheap, and no worries going forward......

#18 ·
i'm actually thinking about ordering some red chrome vinyl from amazon and cutting the letters out on my vinyl cutting machine. i have the vector of the logo and it is sized to the emblem. i really like the chrome red look against the yellow so i'll more than likely run a set and put them on after i remove all the peeling parts.

#17 ·
you can use plastidip to do a non-permanent blackout on the raised letters. super easy to do and if you decide you don't like it, it removes cleanly and leaves nothing behind. i did it to my jeep wrangler... the raised letters on the grill were chrome. i didn't like the look and wanted black. so i did a few layers of plastidip on them and looks the part. that was almost 4 years ago and still going strong!

tons of vids on youtube showing how to do it.

#23 ·
I have a 2017 EVora 400, bought in 2018. Car is black, and the EVora 400 badge was orange. The orange came off in the 1st wash. Dealer said he could replace it with another orange set but it would wash off too. I stayed with the Chrome "400" and it looks sharp on the black car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.