The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

Does anyone have any information on the disassembly of the front seats in an Evora 400? Specifically, I'm interested in removing the back padding/leather and the plastic "hole" piece in the top/middle.

I have a scratch on the back of the seat and would like to partially disassemble the seats to help with repainting.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Yes, I'll be removing the whole seat from the car.

My question is about disassembling the back of the seat to remove the leather piece (since it wraps around the back) and the center plastic hole trim. If its possible, this would be easier than trying to tape off around where the leather meets the back and around the center hole trim. I wouldn't have to worry about getting the tape line all the way in the "gaps" to get full coverage. Just take off the pieces, shoot the whole back and put it back together.

Thanks!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Workshop manual says don't... there's an airbag there...
This and there is an issue with the Sparco seats unseating out of both the bolster and the seat. I would suggest to not mess with leather seating as you will likely not be happy with the result of trying to reseat it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I suggest contacting Sparco. There isn't anything in the interior trip service notes about taking the seats apart. I have taken the seats out and was surprised that the entire bottom cover/padding can be easily pulled up- I did this when fixing the bolster issue. But I didn't try removing the back/padding. As others have noted this would involve the airbag.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow. Thank you everyone for saving me from a potentially disastrous and expensive DIY. More masking tape is the best way, I guess.

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts