The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Does anyone else have the same throttle issues with their manual Evora 400? The issue I'm experiencing is when blipping the throttle on downshifts … when I clutch in and blip the throttle the car bogs and backfires with a significant delay in response. The issue gets better when you switch to Race mode … so it has to be an ECU throttle mapping issue. The other thing I'm thinking it could be is the bypass valve on the airbox which may actuate slower when not in race mode.

In any case, do all 400's have this issue and has anyone been able to fix or mitigate it?

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi Zoomby, I haven't experienced that issue with mine, the only time it bogs is when the engine is cold under partial throttle. Once it warms up, it seems to be fine.

When you watch the bypass valve, does it seem to change operation depending on the mode? Mine seems to be pretty quick no matter if I'm in normal, sport, or race.

·
Illegal Alien
5,140 Posts
Not able to provide a solution but adding a few clarifications that by help down the line.
Sport and Race mode use the same ECU mapping, only traction control is different between these two modes.

·
Loves to talk
1,106 Posts
The complaint I have with throttle response/mapping is the unpredictable rev hangs, both up and down the range, when blipping in neutral. I imagine it's related to meeting emissions requirements.

Has anybody who has removed the third cat or installed a down pipe noticed any changes in that behavior?

·
Registered
292 Posts
OP - sorry to hear about that issue. Your issues are not something that I have experienced.

lotusquacious - yes, the throttle response is much better, especially when blipping on heel and toe, since I removed the 3rd cat on my 400. I also have a K&N drop in filter so it might be a combination of those 2 things, but with just the K&N I didn't notice the improvement. I have done about 500 miles since the cat delete and the throttle response change was noticeable on the very first drive.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/5929222-post117.html

·
Registered
473 Posts
Not able to provide a solution but adding a few clarifications that by help down the line.
Sport and Race mode use the same ECU mapping, only traction control is different between these two modes.
OP- no problem with my 400.
Julian 73. When switching from Sport to Race, idle speed increases to ~1000 rpm. Would this be part of ECU? I wonder if there are any other adjustments?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts