The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would someone with a 400 be kind enough to post a pic of what the trunk release handle/cable that’s located inside the trunk itself looks like in is stock form? I’ve had some work done that involved removal of that area and I’m tying to figure out where that cable and handle are supposed to reside. A pic would be of great help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? I would really appreciate it. I'm looking for a pic of the trunk latch area where the pull cable is located.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It is under the passenger side rear interior quarter panel below the subwoofer enclosure. The reason it fails is that the external cable housing comes out of a clip. On my 400, the clip is attached to one of the bolts that holds the quarter panel in place. You can access this by removing the rear seat bottom and folding back the carpet underneath. If you search for pictures of the subwoofer and threads where people have replaced the sub and amplifier many of these show the cable.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m looking for a picture of the inside of the trunk. There’s a pull cable in there also. The shop I used recently put the interior of the trunk back together, but the pull cable isn’t where it’s supposed to be.
So, I picture from the inside of the trunk looking toward the rear where the latch is. That schematic drawing doesn’t show enough detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts