The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Need some advice. I live in Houston (one of the hottest most humid cities on earth) and Noticed my A/C not blowing as cold as it used to.. feels like its room temperature actually.
I have a 2011 Lotus evora S. Anyways, dealer is claiming it's blowing cold.. where I know for a fact its not compared to the way it used to be or all the other car's I am riding in or driving.

When I go to pick it up I was thinking of bringing in one of those thermometer's that go in the vent to check it in front of them.

Can anyone tell me what proper A/C on Max temp should be in this particular car?
My warranty is almost up so I am trying to get all this resolved prior to it being up.

Thanks, Miroslav

·
Registered
205 Posts
I had this same issue on my 2011 Evora NA. It was just in to the dealer this week. They charged the coolant and it is back to normal. While I can't tell you what the temperature should be, it is now blowing cold as opposed to room temperature.

·
Registered
11 Posts
One issue I found is if a large stone on the road makes it through the front grill mesh it can pierce the ac cooler. This causes a small leak to form and the AC blows luke warm. Of course, the same results can come from a leaky hose. I live in California and went a whole summer with no AC ... brutal.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
I noticed that similarly to my old miata the car will turn off the A/C compressor off when accelerating hard in order to give you all power towards acceleration. Then to protect the compressor it won't come back on immediately. Result, when I drive calmly the AC is always on, when I drive spirited I experience periods of no-cold-air.

Reactions: BACH1K

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
That is something I have never observed in 50.000 Km and should not be so. What you may be experiencing is that the Evora tends to pick up the air coming through the front radiator and passing that into the cabin. Depending on engine temp, speed and distance to car in front it seems like up to 100% of the air coming in has been well heated through the radiator. Kind of counterproductive to the A/C.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I can confirm the fact that Evora CC wrote. The front cooler is a part to be watched. In my first Evora I changed the front grid and replaced it with one of the Lotus Seven, where the wholes are smaller so no stones hit the cooler.

The system is tricky, but when the frontcooler is damaged a bit only, the poor gas volume leaves and temperatures in the AC mode fall down. The A/C system is a bit filigreed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Evora AC

2011 Evora with weak AC; dealer noted there is an O-ring problem with the Evora causing loss of AC fluid. O rings were replaced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts