The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
On my 2010, the AC works okay, but it's not the fastest. Not the fan, but the temperature. It takes about 30 seconds before the air coming out of the vents feels even slightly cool. Cooling temps eventually reach full strength after about 2 or 3 minutes.

I wish it were ice-cold like on my friend's Maxima. I'm wondering if I could benefit from a recharge, or if it's just because the air ducts are long and narrow on this car?

·
Registered
613 Posts
I believe there is a TSB on this. When my car was at the dealer for other, unrelated warranty work, they "removed a flapper valve" from the "HVAC evap drain tube" due to a TSB.
There is, yes: SB2010/03. But it relates specifically to the earlier configuration of the drainage tubes, and it also recommends keeping the valve in place. I am not aware of a more recent one, though if it was issued in the last couple of months I may not have seen it yet.

There may be no need to delete the valve entirely, as I did, but you pays your money and takes your choice. Because the AC is in use essentially year-round in my part of the country, which is not only hot but extremely humid at all times, plugging of the valve may be a bigger concern for me than it is for people in more reasonable climates.

And again, this is not a "Lotus issue", this is something that may happen on many different kinds of car. Or may not-- it's just one of those things. I would say there's no need to worry about it, as it may never happen to you, but if you're under the car for another reason you might want to consider having a look at the drain valve.

Thanks for raising a good point!

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Now my A/C isn't working. It was fine when I put the car away for the winter, but now...nothing. Fan is working normally. There's always something. :wallbang:

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
AC works great esp with recirc on. There is a big difference on thermostat between full cold and 1 click back!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
My 2010 Evora air conditioning ceased blowing cold air on Saturday.

Home diagnosis said it was leaking around the area below:

Bright green fluid (lubricating oil) was dribbling from that point across the front of the condenser.

Took the car into the dealer today & it's fixed. Faulty o-ring. Too easy! :clap:

P.S. According to the Evora manual, you can remove & replace the a/c condenser without removing anything other than the lower tray, bottom radiator airflow panel & headlights. For a Lotus, that's nothing!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
mine suffered a catastrophic failure somewhere up in the same area. tech said that usually they see the failures and it is just a dribble or a few splotches of the green coolant. Mine exploded coolant everywhere. I guess Lotus issued a notice that some fittings may be corroded and fail due to the coolant...great to know....that week I was their second AC fix car.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts