The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The AC in my Evora is pretty ****ing useless in 80+ degree weather. Is it the same for them all? I don't remember all the way but I think my 07 Elise had a better AC.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Mine seems to be doing well down here in Florida. I never even use the recirculate button, and only max out the fan maybe 25% of the time. It's 90 down here today and I had my fan on the middle setting and was comfortable.

I would have your AC checked.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine seems to be doing well down here in Florida. I never even use the recirculate button, and only max out the fan maybe 25% of the time. It's 90 down here today and I had my fan on the middle setting and was comfortable.

I would have your AC checked.
Yeah I'm in FL as well and it's 90 today. I just so happened to take the car out... I had two choices... die in the heat with the windows rolled up and AC on... or die in the heat with the windows down and hot air blowing through the windows. And this is with the AC on full blast!

·
Registered
788 Posts
My AC works great. Way better than my Elise ever was. I've had many 100F days already, and had no problems at all. I still surprise myself sometimes when I'm driving around and forget that... hey, it's actually cool in this car!

·
Registered
545 Posts
AC works well for me, so you should get yours checked by the dealer.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The Evoras AC is better. It's 80 here now and the AC works fine. Even at 97 degree it worked out great compare to my Elise.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Florida here also...mine works fine...usually have to take it off high after just a bit...my windows are tinted dark FWIW...sounds like you might want yours looked at...that would would be good news...when it is a design flaw,hard to fix...individual problem easy to fix...good luck!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Mine works ..... OK..... it struggles to get the cabin cool and takes a long time. No problem keeping it there. I have noticed the temp gauge up one line at times when hot out and air on.. But no big deal. I can only assume that it struggles because the lines are so long front to back.

·
Registered
396 Posts
My AC was great today while racing in ~85 degree heat and fully race suited up.
Racing in your Evora on a Tuesday afternoon . . . Some people have the life :bow:

·
Registered
163 Posts
for what it's worth...

Already took mine in to get looked at...it seems to struggle around 85 degrees. Dealer said all is working properly...my Elise was better!

TADTS

·
Registered
498 Posts
for what it's worth...

Already took mine in to get looked at...it seems to struggle around 85 degrees. Dealer said all is working properly...my Elise was better!

TADTS
A/C is warm. You have a Black car & a 2010 that could be the differance.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have a black 2010 (February) and mine is fine (so far).

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Only minor I have is the coldest 3 clicks of temp control seem to be 1/2 of the adjustment. Turned full cold or 1-2 clicks up its plenty cold. next time at dealer, have them check 134a levels. May be a little low. doesn't take much. Make sure charge is a upper limit of acceptable , not lower limit. It does make a difference.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My A/C works great in 100+ here in So Cal. It is way better than the A/C in my 2005 Elise.
Ron

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Faulty air compressor is the reason why my AC keeps me so warm in the winter time! New one ordered by dealer.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
how can you tell if your compressor is faulty? when I hit my AC button, the car sounds a little different so I assume it's drawing power from the motor and working..

i think I may need a recharge on refrigerant.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how can you tell if your compressor is faulty? when I hit my AC button, the car sounds a little different so I assume it's drawing power from the motor and working..

i think I may need a recharge on refrigerant.
:shrug: That's the info I got after I took it in. And it sounds better than "it's working properly".

·
Registered
31 Posts
I live in Houston and due to the Humitity, it feels hotter here than anywhere mentioned so far. I have been around the world and Houston is by far one of the worst. I had a Elise SC ,now an Evora and hands down the Evora AC is more powerful and better. Unfortunatly its still not good enough to battle the heat here, but again, its better than the elise. Dark tint helps, and I even had the tint eyebrow installed on the front windshied and it helps a lot and kinda looks neat with the black roof blending in with the black eyebrow and black plastic around the engine glass.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts