The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Scott M
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably not in much of a position to fix anything AC related. However, I did notice a weeping valve (I think) while the clam and other parts have been off for another repair. Any idea what I'm dealing with here? The weep in question is at the location in the picture where I have some blue painters tape: front right near the wheel well

BTW... I'm willing to admit, I don't even know if those are AC lines. My ignorance in this area is rather large. ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
It's likely the low pressure (larger diameter with foam insulation) side of your AC from the condenser to the evaporator. Leaks do not heal themselves, they just get worse. AC function starts to decline with loss of refrigerant. Loss of refrigerant oil eventually results with the failure of the compre$$or.

It's likely a relatively minor fix now. The tech would identify the leak source, evacuate and recover the refrigerant, replace the leaking part, evacuate and recharge. He may replace the filter/dryer as a preventive measure. Most of this repair is labor. YMMV

1 - 2 of 2 Posts