The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I had to replace the AC compressor as the car was out of warranty. After finding out it was £1500 from lotus I managed to identify the eact Toyota/Denso part number and find a more affordable replacement. The details are below. Im from England but you American guys should be able to get one a little easier though.

Lotus Part Number A132E6349S
Toyota/DENSO Part Number 8832042120
UAC Part number UAC CO 10856C

FROM A USA TOYOTA RAV 4 3.5L V6 2006-2012

The non oem one was $160 + p&p + duty, in all £240 (off USA Ebay). The lotus unit is £1500!

Gav

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
Great to know thanks!

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Very useful information!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Recently I had to replace the AC compressor as the car was out of warranty. After finding out it was £1500 from lotus I managed to identify the eact Toyota/Denso part number and find a more affordable replacement. The details are below. Im from England but you American guys should be able to get one a little easier though.

Lotus Part Number A132E6349S
Toyota/DENSO Part Number 8832042120
UAC Part number UAC CO 10856C

FROM A USA TOYOTA RAV 4 3.5L V6 2006-2012

The non oem one was $160 + p&p + duty, in all £240 (off USA Ebay). The lotus unit is £1500!

Gav
Very good information, much appreciated.
However, the UAC part is targeted for buyers whose only criteria is price. I would suggest that a DENSO (OE manufacturer) would be a better choice as it is more likely to hold up in an otherwise solid A/C system. The DENSO can be had for a little more than twice the quoted price for the UAC Chinese copy.
I know because I have been doing vehicle A/C repair and parts sales for way too long (and am a DENSO distributor).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Azac, I appreciate what your saying. I got the cheap one as I had no gaurentee it was the correct compressor. Obviously in the US they are even cheaper so probabley would have got the denso one. Either way I now have a working ac system and confirmed part numbers. On a side note It will be interesting to see how the copy lasts, the original one lasted 3.5yrs and 30000miles.

Gav

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Do we have a sticky somewhere with this type of oem vs aftermarket references? Oil filters, plugs, that type of thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts