The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Lotus of Atlanta invited anyone interested to come take a gander at the new Evora today. They are great. They put out some cheese and crackers and a really good strawberry drink thing. There were two Evora's there. One was red, one black.

These pictures are in no specific order. also keep in mind none were edited - only resized.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
James what did you think of it in the flesh?
it was much easier squeezing my fat ass into the evora than SweetDaddyD's elise. the interior was pleasing. Although none of it was turned on, the gauges and navigation seemed nice. The layout seemed well thought out. the car itself was pretty nice. Honestly I had no idea what an Evora was until I saw the invitation thread to come check it out. (i dont own a lotus) I am just friends with SweetDaddyD from here.

·
Registered
278 Posts
A few pics...
The Evoras look much better to me in person, especially the black, which was dead sexy.
Although, the Elise/Exige is more my style.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I'll take the black one ;)

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,797 Posts
Little more info: the black one did not have the rear seat option, just a parcel shelf. It also has the forged wheel option where the red one has the standard wheels. Both wheels are available in silver or dark grey. We were told that the forged wheels are 7 pounds lighter than the standard wheel. The red car also has the premium pack where the black one did not. Both are prototypes over here for engine calibration tuning.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I saw the red one at log and not a fan of the exterior design but in black it hides some of the design detail flaws (that I see) so color really helps this car. To me, darker the better on this car.

Anyway, the one thing I was pleasantly surprised with is the comfort / support of the seats and the ease of getting in / out. The gauges were on and I like them along with the aluminum buttons, etc. Although the placement of the buttons around the steering wheel area is not great and some you have to really look to see them.

I think if I were to buy one of these which I won't...I would do it without the back seats as it's a joke, although completely get why it's there. It would also help since the trunk is so shallow so you will need that extra interior space.

I really, really, hope that this car is up to snuff from a build perspective and people love it. I think I'm holding out for the Esprit...

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I saw the red one at log and not a fan of the exterior design but in black it hides some of the design detail flaws (that I see) so color really helps this car. To me, darker the better on this car.
I like the design but I agree that black is the best color to hide a car with awkward or ugly lines. Conversely, it's the not the best color for a car with beautiful lines.

PS: Looks heavy. :D

·
Registered
856 Posts
I strongly agree. The red Evora at LOG looked really awkward where the rear of the roof suddenly switches to a section that is black. It looks much more unified in black. If I bought some other color than black I might have to repaint that black section around the rear glass so that it matches the rest of the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for all the great photos gang! As usual I didn't take a one. We had a small but enthusiastic turn out for the event...it's hard to get big crowds with 5 days notice! I agree with most of the comments on the color. I am not a black car fan, however, I loved the Evora in black. I really appreciated how well I could see the body design in the black. Thanks to all who came. We'll keep you posted if we have more in the future.
Beth

1 - 20 of 26 Posts