The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Evora back seat comparison question

8K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  brgelise 
#1 · (Edited)
I used to own an Exige, but sold it years ago and bought a MB CLK63 Black Series. While I love the car (I've owned it longer than any other car), I've always admired the Evora.

I added a rear seat back into my CLK63BS because I've got two daughters (12 and 10), and need to be able to take them from time to time.

So my question is, how does the rear seat space of the Evora compare to a MB CLK? Naturally, I realize that the rear seat space is very limited, I'm just trying to figure out if it is similar to, or smaller than, the rear seat space in a CLK.

#4 ·
A lot depends on how big your girls and you are. You can make a bit of legroom as the front seats have a lot of travel so a person of average stature can comfortably have the seat forward a reasonable amount off the rear cushion. However, at 10 and 12 and assuming they are of average height, I suspect trying to force them to ride back there will be a mix of comical motions and young lady resentment. It really doesn't work for most people who have legs. Try before you buy.

#7 ·
I agree with @lotusquacious try before you buy. Some may be able to get folks back there while others won't. I can't have anyone behind me due to my seating position. The back of my seat only gives a few inches between it and the back bench. It will really come down to who is riding in the front seats and what's doable for the driver.

My wife and 9yo can go on quick rides to dinner but that's about all they can stand. To fit my son behind my wife she has to sit cockeyed in the seat and knees in the dash. If it's just me and my son, no problem as I just slide the seat forward.

#12 ·
We tested a couple of car seats in the Lotus recently - for the days I take my wife's truck to the race track and she needs to be able to move the kid around.

Summary - rear facing seats are a no-go. Front-facing seats are possible, however front facing seat with a passenger sitting in front may be very uncomfortable for the front passenger. I think the specific model of the car seat has a lot to do with it.

Go to youtube and search for "Daily driven lotus" videos by iDuc. He shows moving two kids in the back. I meant to ask him what model car seats he uses.

Attachments

#13 ·
There are quite a few threads on suitable car seats. I can’t remember the two recommended, but neither of them were compliant here. Think it was a Recaro something. I can confirm a britax brava fits though. All of them fit much better with the lower seat cushion removed (just Velcro).

#17 ·
My way of thinking...or the 4 gas cans behind me today after track events. Want a +0 again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.