The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dont see any information on people doing clutch replacements themselves.
Or even just removing clams yourself.

With the Elige there was a HowTo for everything.

Does anyone have experience with removing clams and engine?

Id really like to know if anyone has found a way to split the engine and gearbox without removing the whole thing. Is there any room to partially drop it out the bottom?

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Mark Green did it on his 2010 NA back in Feb. I'm pretty sure he's on this site, if not, then TLF, but definitely a member of the Facebook Lotus Evora Owners Group. There's a few pictures of the back half of his car disassembled. Nick Reeve also posted saying he's done the same.

@2011 chrome orange has posted info about rear bumper removal, which will get you most of the way to the rear clam removal. Just be wary of the many shims and their orientation prior to pulling stuff apart.

There's no way to split the trans from engine in situ that I'm aware of. Even if you did manage to somehow disconnect the two, there isn't any room to move the trans out of the way to get to the clutch and flywheel.

Most likely there's no step-by-step how-tos on these procedures because they're fairly well covered topics in the service notes. Or not many have had to change a clutch yet, and those that have either don't have the skills, space, or aren't comfortable doing so themselves, and have relied on shops/dealers to perform the work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey, I am also interested in D.I.Ying Lotus Evora clutch since my friend owns a decent size shop for his hobby.

I've heard that one of the members in the forum wrote that he changed the clutch without pulling out the engine but he has disappeared and never wrote on how he did it.

As with the information, I agree with you that there are not much info on these things, however, I think there is more than enough information for removing the rear clam... also, you can download the service mannual online too!

The link below is a video of a guy changing clutch out of salvage Evora and I am watching it to get some possible tips!

Good luck! I am thinking of replacing my clutch in march and I will try to write how to guide or video or something like that but I am not nearly as competent so figures crossed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts