The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Weird issue. I was out in the Evora for a good while today, came home and pulled into the garage and shut it off (and did not pull the key out of the ignition). I then realized that I forgot something, so when to start the car back up and the dash and everything went completely dark.:confused:

The car is completely dead at the moment and pushing buttons on the keyfob is not doing anything.

Any ideas??

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Hey Guys,

Weird issue. I was out in the Evora for a good while today, came home and pulled into the garage and shut it off (and did not pull the key out of the ignition). I then realized that I forgot something, so when to start the car back up and the dash and everything went completely dark.:confused:

The car is completely dead at the moment and pushing buttons on the keyfob is not doing anything.

Any ideas??
Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, to see if it will reset /reboot the ECU.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I get to the battery now that all the electronics are dead and can no longer open the rear hatch?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
There is an emergency release under the rear seat on pass side. Under carpet in 2+0..

Pull firm but font jerk, and pull straight with the cable or it's liable to snap

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, problem solved. The positive cable was barely attached to the battery post. It was simply resting on the top of the post. When I pushed it back down on the post everything came back on.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Thanks guys, problem solved. The positive cable was barely attached to the battery post. It was simply resting on the top of the post. When I pushed it back down on the post everything came back on.
Kind of like the Millennium Falcon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts