The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got my Custom Forged wheels and tires for my Evora.

They are:
Front 8.5" x 19" x 48mm offset, with 235-35-19 Michelin PSS tires, and
Rear 10.0" x 19" x 62mm offset, with 275-35-19 Michelin PSS tires.

So, they are the same width tires as the S, but F and R wheels are both 19", and 0.5" wider, ALL to the outside. The inside rim bead is in the same place as the Stock Lotus wheels. So, the added 0.5" on the outside fills out the fender wells.

They are Niche Monotec Series Wheels, made by MHT wheels in Rancho Dominguez, California.
Niche Monotec Wheels - MHT Wheels Inc.
Mine are the Stuttgart T-70 wheels.

They sent an Engineer to take all the dimensions, and make patterns off of my car. So, they can make any of the spoke patterns, that are on the Monotec Series page, for the Evora from their forgings. You can specify your widths, diameters (within their available ranges), and offsets.

They are made to use the stock Lotus Lug Bolts, AND Center Caps.

The Wheel Weights are:
Front 8.5" X 19 " = 19.34 lbs
Rear 10.0" X 19" = 21.18 lbs

They offer many different colors and finishes. I went with a brushed finish, with clear Powder Coat.

The pricing was quite reasonable, for custom forged wheels. you can search the internet for retailers and pricing, as I did. I purchased mine from San Diego Tire and Wheel Outlet, for less than any other advertised price. They told me they can do mail orders for the wheels, or wheels and tires.

Attachments

·
Illegal Alien
5,357 Posts
Very nice, really like the split spoke style. Don thank you for development work.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I just ordered wheels and came up with almost the exact same offset/width after doing the math. I am really happy you posted pictures with those tire sizes as I was debating on what to order last night.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Very nice bobsy.
Probably the best aftermarket wheels I have seen
Good job

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
wow those are badass. How come you didn't go with mismatched diameters? 18" for front, 19" for rear?

·
Premium Member
8,417 Posts
Very nice! Prices?
Want to compare to the Team Dynamics that VSA sells.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Niche forged average 800-1000 for the 19" variety.

SHAY2NAK not to answer for bobsy but IIRC Niche only does 19" and larger in their forged line.

Nice to see some real lightweight forged wheels-the weights are quite good for wheels of that size.

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Niche forged average $800-$1000 for the 19" variety.

SHAY2NAK not to answer for bobsy but IIRC Niche only does 19" and larger in their forged line.

Nice to see some real lightweight forged wheels-the weights are quite good for wheels of that size.
That is correct on the Price estimate, and the available diameters.

I was pleasantly surprised, when I weighed the wheels. I confirmed the weights, with 2 scales. As you mentioned, they are quite light, for those sizes.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts