The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So...has anyone already placed a deposit with your dealer?

Anyone planning on putting a deposit for one of the first Evora's or are you waiting for more info - or waiting for the high performance version?

Based on Lotus' site, looks like it will be available in Summer 2009.

Lotus Evora - True character in a faceless world.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yeah I put mine down the week after the auto show...

But I may pull it down soon and wait for the esprit though. The more I see the real world pics of the Evora on the road, the less I like it (mainly from a side and rear view) - and if I got one, it would have to be the forced induction one.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I've spoken with 6 dealers already and all have a minimum of 3-6 deposits with some initially asking for a small deposit to be on the list then later request for a huge deposit for an actual order...even Canada is getting in the action.

I think we'll see Evora by December of '09...maybe even January '10

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I suppose final and official pricing for the U.S. will not be release until at least next summer?

In regards to the forced induction model (Evora S?), I suppose that will be in 2011 or 2012.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm on the waiting list here in Portland. As it stands now though, I will not purchase a 2+2 NA version. It'll have to be the high performance 2 seat variant for me. If that overlaps with the Esprit, that may be what I go with instead.

If we really are looking out three to four years for the higher performance model, I may just have to pull the trigger on a new Exige soon. Now, if I just knew more about the 2009 model Exige...

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
nupe.

·
Banned
874 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you see the canyon red one in the other thread? :D
Actually, I didn't see it until you mentioned it. Thanks.

For some reason, I didn't like Canyon Red on the Evora as I did on the Elise/Exige. But this picture was pretty nice:

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I considered it. Started a thread asking which dealers were taking deposits.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'll take one after the first year roll out. It seems as of late car companies are using their customers as R&D

·
Registered
664 Posts
I saw Evora 2 days ago on Lotus testrack in Hethel. I guess i just dont get it or smth, but i think it could use more cowbell. Way more...
btw the VW Scirocco i saw over there is GOOD.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think i am going to go to the LA autoshow to check it out.

After i see it in person i will decide whether to put down a deposit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts