The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The information was comes for an article originally posted by jpkeyzer here:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/...27-now-available-awesome-evora-article-60731/

And the article that gives the Evora's dimensions is here:
http://www.just-auto.com/proactive/pdf/1a2ss34sw/lotus-newsletter-issue-27.pdf

Here are the dimensions converted to inches:

Evora vs. Elise
Height: 47.9 inches vs. 43.9 inches
Width: 72.7 inches vs. 67.6 inches
Length: 171 inches vs. 149 inches
Wheel Base: 101.3 vs. 90.5 inches

Evora vs. C6 Corvette
Height: 47.9 inches vs. 49 inches
Width: 72.7 inches vs. 72.6 inches
Length: 171 inches vs. 174.6 inches
Wheel Base: 101.3 vs. 105.7 inches

Evora vs. 911 Coupe
Height: 47.9 inches vs. 51.6 inches
Width: 72.7 inches vs. 71.2 inches
Length: 171 inches vs. 174.3 inches
Wheel Base: 101.3 vs. 92.5 inches

Evora vs. Boxster
Height: 47.9 inches vs. 50.9 inches
Width: 72.7 inches vs. 70.9 inches
Length: 171 inches vs. 171.6 inches
Wheel Base: 101.3 vs. 95.1 inches

(Dimensions of other car taken from Edmunds.com)

So, I imagine the Evora would be about the height of a Corvette and about the size of a Boxster.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Technically no. The other thread is a link to the article which gives the dimensions in milimeters and only compares the Evora with the Elise.

Also, since I can't really relate to milimeters, I needed to translate it into something I could understand (ie: the Evora is about the size of a C6 Corvetter just a little shorter in lenght). :)

I'm a bit concern about height because one of the drawbacks to my Elise was the low height -which is why I never took it to a lot of places. At 48 inches, the Evora will be low but probably still tall enough to appear in most car's rear view mirrors.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No problem. Wow, the Evora is very close to the new Gallardo.

Evora vs. 2009 Gallardo
Height: 47.9 inches vs. 45.9 inches
Width: 72.7 inches vs. 74.8 inches
Length: 171 inches vs. 171.1 inches
Wheel Base: 101.3 vs. 100.08 inches

Evora vs. Ferrari 430
Height: 47.9 inches vs. 47.8 inches
Width: 72.7 inches vs. 75.7 inches
Length: 171 inches vs. 177.6 inches
Wheel Base: 101.3 vs. 102.4 inches

And just out of curiosity:

Evora vs. RX8
Height: 47.9 inches vs. 52.8 inches
Width: 72.7 inches vs. 69.7 inches
Length: 171 inches vs. 175.6 inches
Wheel Base: 101.3 vs. 106.4 inches

Evora vs. Audi TT (MKII)
Height: 47.9 inches vs. 53.2 inches
Width: 72.7 inches vs. 72.5 inches
Length: 171 inches vs. 164.5 inches
Wheel Base: 101.3 vs. 97.2 inches

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
There is an image out there somewhere that shows a line drawing of the Elise superimposed over a line drawing of the Evora. I have no idea where I saw it, but it was a while ago, a few days after the launch.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beat me to it..

Yeah, many people I talk to seem to think the Gallardo is an enormous car (likely due to its weight) but it's actually very compact.
That's what I thought too. But then again, the new C6 is about the same size as a 911 even thought it doesn't look like it.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Here's the pic showing the dimensions to the Elise:

Lotus Evora - Autoblog
Very cool diagram.

After reading the previous posts, I kept wondering "How DO they fit people in the back if it's got similar dimensions as a 'vette"
(as well as "wonder why they never made a 2+2 vette?").

So this diagram makes sense of it all - stick a chick in the back, and her knees will double as lumbar support!!
:nanner:

·
Registered
539 Posts
It doesn't look like you're gonna be able to sit anyone with legs in the back. IMO
(or anyone over 3ft tall.)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the Corvette does have some room behind the two seat for passenger space. It would be tight though and the back rear would probably be the firewall. Chevy probably felt that if you couldn't comfortably fit someone over 6 feet, then it should stay a two seater.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually, the coupe version has more space and in the convertible, it's replaced with the top. It's the same thing with the Audi TT Coupe and Convertible. The convertible is strictly a two seater.

I tried finding some pictures of the area behind the Corvette's seats but the best I could find was a 360 degree view on Chevy's site. I guess that area isn't an interest in a Corvette. ;)

And about the women in the diagram, BM is right. Also, I think she needs to be more in a fetal position. :D

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And the man's penis is slightly off too! :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
It doesn't look like you're gonna be able to sit anyone with legs in the back. IMO
(or anyone over 3ft tall.)
I owned an Elan +2S and it could accommodate pre-teen children just fine and small adults for short trips. I was just curious how it compared to the Evora so I looked up the +2S dimensions:

Evora vs. Elan +2S
Height: 47.9 inches vs. 47 inches
Width: 72.7 inches vs. 66 inches
Length: 171 inches vs. 169 inches
Wheel Base: 101.3 vs. 96 inches
Edit: and the weight was 2086 lbs. Outlandish at the time (compared to the Elan).

Closer than I expected except for width. I thought the +2S would have been much smaller. Other than horrible reliability and required continual maintenance, I loved that car.

For those younger Lotus fans that may not be familiar with the original Lotus 2+2, this one is just like the one I had except for the wheels.

Attachments

·
Inactive
831 Posts
Note the changes to the chassis:
- bolt on alumimum front crash structure
- shallower tub
- flatter fuel tank (under rear seat)
- radiator at 45 degrees
- rear picnic hamper

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Whoever designed that diagram with the woman's knees overlapping into the driver's back needs to be fired immediately and whoever allowed it to be released ought to be slapped.
Her knees aren't in his back (though I don't see the seat shell in that pic for some reason), they are straddling his back, with one knee on each side.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts