The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bothered to compare the two to see how much taller/shorter, wider/thinner or longer/shorter the cars are? They look like their wheelbases would be very close.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Here you are, all dimensions are in inches and rounded to the nearest tenth:

2004 Esprit
wheelbase - 95.3
length - 172
width - 74.1
height - 45.3
ground clearance - 4.1

Evora
wheelbase - 101.4
length - 170.9
width - 72.8
height - 48.1
ground clearance - 4.7

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
That Esprit is STILL a fantastic looking machine muchachos!

2004 Esprit
wheelbase - 95.3
length - 172
width - 74.1
height - 45.3
ground clearance - 4.1

Evora
wheelbase - 101.4
length - 170.9
width - 72.8
height - 48.1
ground clearance - 4.7
Have to admire her everytime I step out into the garage. :D

And were you aware that the Esprit has a Lotus-designed and built boosted V-8 engine while the Evora has a V-6 out of a Toyota Camry?

:huh:

rotfl

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
And were you aware that the Esprit has a Lotus-designed and built boosted V-8 engine while the Evora has a V-6 out of a Toyota Camry?

rotfl
I don't like the Evora, either, but they are different cars meant to appeal to different markets.

Oh wait. I bet you knew that. Trolling again?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts

Evora
wheelbase - 101.4
length - 170.9
width - 72.8
height - 48.1
ground clearance - 4.7
...really?..fast forward to the 3.08 mark...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlnLmr7Dcnc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlnLmr7Dcnc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
6,654 Posts

rotfl
True enough, the Esprit was indeed far from perfect. Thanks for pointing that out.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Actually I like the Evora Fuzz!

I don't like the Evora, either, but they are different cars meant to appeal to different markets.

Oh wait. I bet you knew that. Trolling again?
What else you got in your haversack today? :rolleyes:

:popcorn:

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Still does it's thang very well muchacho!

True enough, the Esprit was indeed far from perfect. Thanks for pointing that out.
My very first Esprit was about the same vintage as your old one. My current '98 is truly a sweet ride. ;)

Weird what 14 years make. :rolleyes:

:shift:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have to admire her everytime I step out into the garage. :D

rotfl
The Esprit is a great car, but frankly after owning one for 10 years... I was getting a little tired with the "reliability" and fragile nature of the V8 and specially the gearbox. Just traded mine in last week for a sweet Elise, and couldn't be happier. I guess to some of us the "Toyota" in these new cars is actually a good thing...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah, you are so right, bibs :D

Here's a pic from both cars parking next to another.

·
Registered
182 Posts
S**t!!! Where is the pic?? Where is the pic??

Ahhhh... here it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
...really?..fast forward to the 3.08 mark...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlnLmr7Dcnc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlnLmr7Dcnc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Black is the only color that car looks good in as it hides some of the roof lines and it looks fantastic!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like 'em both! For a 30 year old design the Esprit still looks amazingly well so I'll hold on to what I've got for now.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
white evora with gunmetal wheels :drool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts