The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently had my passenger door latch fail where I couldn't open the door from the outside or inside. I took the latch out and wanted to share the 2 ways that my latch failed and share the instructions if anyone is interested.

Also I must recommend getting the latch bundles instead of just getting the mechanism itself as its actually cheaper to buy the kit. I paid $350 for the whole kit which includes the latch, the control arms, a new cable to the inside door handle, and the foam pad that overlays the door. Compared to ~$359 for just the latch. Thanks to @GatorMS_Parts !

A132B4320S - Right side kit
A132B4319S - Left side kit

Album of photos
The first failure was the interior door latch cable. The silver cap had come dislodged from the cable sleeve so the cable couldn't be pulled hard enough to open the latch. In the docs Lotus mentions to glue this piece on if you can separate them.

Next up and the real reason the latch failed was this metal slide somehow slipped out from behind the nylon(?) T holder that should keep the metal latch in place.

Here is the new latch and can see how the latch is supposed to fit together.

I tried refitting the old latch back together but couldn't get the pieces to line up (which makes me wonder how it ever came apart???) but regardless I was able to refit the new latch and everything is back together and working as expected after some minor adjustments.

Here's a video the latch as it works when I was testing the fitment of the interior door pull which as you can see wasn't pulling as far as it should have. New video by Zachary Friss

I've also attached the install docs as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also if you are interested in buying my old latch make me an offer. The CDL mechanism still works just fine (though I can't promise how long it would last given its already 10ish years old)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts