The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone driven the Evora GT with a carbon pack and the GT without and the 400 rear glass back to back? Any noticeable difference between the cars?

I found a car the right color but it has the glass rear window and it does not have the carbon pack...

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Roy

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will be tomorrow....I will get back to this thread with impressions.
I have found 2 colors I am interested in and one has black-pack and one carbon-pack....
First Lotus experience (have had GT3, GT4, GT3RS, 458, ZR1, V12VS,) so it will be an eye opener!

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, let me know. I found one color I want but it has the 400 glass rear, black pack. I think I prefer the carbon pack, I found one of those as well in an interesting color (green) but I cannot tell from the pics if it's really dark or not. Never saw the point of dark green, might as well get black... I'll park this next to my GT3 Touring and my old Esprit... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, let me know. I found one color I want but it has the 400 glass rear, black pack. I think I prefer the carbon pack, I found one of those as well in an interesting color (green) but I cannot tell from the pics if it's really dark or not. Never saw the point of dark green, might as well get black... I'll park this next to my GT3 Touring and my old Esprit... :)
So, I test drove the "demo car" black pack, but only sat in the Carbon pack ...as much as I love the louvered look and all the CF, the visibility is horrible, IMHO...there is already a gigantic blind spot in the black pack Evora (YMMV), due to the massive B pillar..that said, I went ahead a bought the GT with the black pack! Should take delivery in 2 weekso_O

Will post up pictures when I get it...

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats! What color did you get?

·
Registered
16 Posts
So, I test drove the "demo car" black pack, but only sat in the Carbon pack ...as much as I love the louvered look and all the CF, the visibility is horrible, IMHO...there is already a gigantic blind spot in the black pack Evora (YMMV), due to the massive B pillar..that said, I went ahead a bought the GT with the black pack! Should take delivery in 2 weekso_O

Will post up pictures when I get it...
Congrats! I have the carbon pack, and while it looks great, it's impossible to see out of. If I'm driving in traffic I turn on the rear view camera as I can't see anything out of the back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats! I have the carbon pack, and while it looks great, it's impossible to see out of. If I'm driving in traffic I turn on the rear view camera as I can't see anything out of the back.
how is that possible? I thought most rear view cameras stopped displaying once you hit 5 mph in forward gear?

·
Registered
16 Posts
how is that possible? I thought most rear view cameras stopped displaying once you hit 5 mph in forward gear?
Hit menu on the head unit, and there is an icon for camera. Hit that and the camera runs even while driving forward past 5mph. Handy in traffic, especially since the left mirror only gives me a nice view of the air intake on the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts