The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT, Metallic Racing Green
258 Posts
We just missed you...left SB Tuesday. Perfect for road trips.

Would love to see that liquid yellow in person.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
66 Posts
You guys let valets drive your car? I'd only do it if I could park it myself.
I agree, last time I let someone valet my GT at a restaurant, it turned off on the guy 3 times and I could feel my clutch fading.
Never again….if it was an automatic sure.

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400 manual, 2009 Rossion Q1, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
532 Posts
Used to let valet at our favorite staycation hotel, always front spot unless a Bently or Lambo, then he stalled in the middle of a driveway intersection and couldn't deactivate security (I explained prior). They had to come get me from the pool. Now they ask me to self park in the front spot. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
724 Posts
Not a snowball's chance I'd let some unknown person valet my Lotus. I'm not surprised they had to come fetch you to disable the security... I've often wondered what they would do when they couldn't figure it out. Plus I have very low expectations regarding the manual transmission skills of most people these days, and I don't need them getting their education on my clutch.

In the first couple of months of ownership we happened to meet friends at a swanky hotel in Montana. The valets were waving away the cars as we pulled into the parking area, but once they saw the Lotus several of them started waving us IN with enthusiasm that bordered on seizures. That behavior alone told me I didn't want them driving my brand new Lotus. We drove around the building and found a nice standalone spot on the other side of the facility.

·
Registered
2020 Evora
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree, last time I let someone valet my GT at a restaurant, it turned off on the guy 3 times and I could feel my clutch fading.
Never again….if it was an automatic sure.
makes sense, mine is an automatic

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT, Metallic Racing Green
258 Posts
If you actually drove your Evora to Disneyland you'd be the most brave/reckless driver out there. Would probably blow some minds in that parking structure though if two kids popped out.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
If you actually drove your Evora to Disneyland you'd be the most brave/reckless driver out there. Would probably blow some minds in that parking structure though if two kids popped out.
The Mrs and I stopped by Downtown Disney last year during the pandemic, and it was fine parked in the lot. I was fortunate to snag an end spot in the 2nd row, right by the entrance.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
66 Posts
I fear door dings. But even if I park at the end of the parking lot with over 20 empty spaces around me, there’s always that one person that wants to park next to me.

similar to this…

Automotive parking light Car Sky Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
724 Posts
I've never understood that behavior. With all the possible, available spots in every direction, the only answer I come up with is that they're just being jerks. They recognize that you're intentionally parking at a great distance, and at a personal disadvantage due to all the extra walking, yet they can't park even one space away?

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400 manual, 2009 Rossion Q1, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
532 Posts
Not a snowball's chance I'd let some unknown person valet my Lotus. I'm not surprised they had to come fetch you to disable the security... I've often wondered what they would do when they couldn't figure it out. Plus I have very low expectations regarding the manual transmission skills of most people these days, and I don't need them getting their education on my clutch.
Live and learn, I figure the young guys drive a lot of different cars and would be decent with a manual and gave them benefit of the doubt. No harm done but would I do again? Nooo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts