The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Does anyone know where I could find a harness bar for an evora gt? Does the monkey bar Evora monkeyBAR — InoKinetic works on an evora gt? I use a 3pt and hybrid hans now, but they aren't my favorite
I’m in the same boat. Been looking for either the monkey bar or the SSC option. Neither one is produced anymore AFAIK. If there are enough of us, I’m sure I can have TCDesign fab up a batch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i just wrote SSC an email last week. Harley replied with this “Unfortunately we are currently out of stock of the bars themselves- but expect to be re-supplied in a few weeks. We would be able to dispatch in mid-October.”
530 T1EV 01 A Harness bar kit for Evora $595.00
530 T2EV 03 A Harness bar kit for Evora (2+0) $675.00
shipping is $325.00

i plan to order Monday.

·
Registered
322 Posts
As the SSC product part of their site is being updated at present, here are a couple of pics of their Harness bar for the Evora.

Nickel Metal Font Triangle Fashion accessory
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Steering part
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Car

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
i just wrote SSC an email last week. Harley replied with this “Unfortunately we are currently out of stock of the bars themselves- but expect to be re-supplied in a few weeks. We would be able to dispatch in mid-October.”
530 T1EV 01 A Harness bar kit for Evora $595.00
530 T2EV 03 A Harness bar kit for Evora (2+0) $675.00
shipping is $325.00

i plan to order Monday.
Interesting - I thought they had stopped selling them. Good to know!

·
Registered
31 Posts
SSC sent me a new email stating the harness bars are in route. They’ve put my name on one And are finalizing the sale. If your interested I suggest you contact them. [email protected]
$595.00 + $325.00 freight.

·
Registered
322 Posts
As you can see from the pic of the bar, they would come in a large, but fairly flat, package that tends to volume out for freight purposes. So as they are relatively light in weight, 2 or 3 nested together will lower individual freight costs.

Just a thought if US prospects live in same area then a group buy lowers the freight cost for individual units considerably.

and you may get a little better deal on the product, but don't tell Harley I said so.

Should also mention that once installed, these are quick to remove if you want to go touring with the family.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought about a group buy. I’ve never done it. But there will still be repackaging and freight to individuals in the group. So I really wouldn’t know where the breakdown in costs would be saved. I suppose we should just get a list of all that want to buy and take a look at what we might save from SSC on the harness bars.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I honestly would strongly consider one at [near-ish] the $595 price if shipping $$$ wasnt so brutal.

Def on the higher end of average bar prices for what this bar entails, but hey what other option is there?

Is black PC only color option and not sure if they are fab’ing them or what but is it possible to also get a pair of belt loops welded on?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I honestly would strongly consider one at [near-ish] the $595 price if shipping $$$ wasnt so brutal.

Def on the higher end of average bar prices for what this bar entails, but hey what other option is there?

Is black PC only color option and not sure if they are fab’ing them or what but is it possible to also get a pair of belt loops welded on?
I got the quote back from Harley and it’s 990 AUD which is approx $735.00 US Shipped to my door. They are having them fabricated and only available in Matte Black. I’ll add the pics he sent me. Ships approx Oct 25th
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Light Hood

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
That's a lot of cheddar, but I don't see any other solution if someone wants harnesses in their otherwise stock Evora- Or am I missing some other solution? I'd be happy to pay someone state-side to fabricate a 41" wide universal bar-

I guess I'm willing to pay $730 shipped- So, they'll ship from Australia next week?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don’t know how many bars they have coming in or how many are spoken for. I was talking with them before this thread started and joined the conversation to let everyone know what I found. I would assume there are more available and shipping should be roughly the same. I gave him my address to get the shipping costs.
And yes, I haven’t seen another option. It’s a simple design, but the time and cost to fabricate one would far outweigh the cost to simply buy it and forget about it unless you plan on marketing them. That price also includes the option of lap belt mounting kit that is 70.00AUD
I’m sending my payment info to them today and Harley said it will ship approximately on the 25th
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software

·
Registered
568 Posts
S1 Evoras have the option of a monkey bar (seems like komotec is the only place with them left). It's what I run in my Evora and works well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts