Administrator
13,468 Posts
Fixing that "bubble" leak lol

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will be interesting to see if it meets reserve.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Tell them to go pound sand

·
Registered
81 Posts
He had the Empire Green car on Cars & Bids a few weeks ago. Didn't come close to his ridiculous listings. Think it capped at $86,000 and didn't sell. This car on BaT won't sell either. Not unless itngets real close to his $112,500 pricing. Dude seems to be a clown in terms of pricing. Guess he wants to just look at these all day instead of actually selling them. 🤷

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
If he bought high, he needs to sell high. He missed the peak with low rates, peak prices. Time for reality to set in......like my 2013 in 2020

Reactions: brightoncorgi

·
Supporting Vendor
159 Posts
it seems odd for a dealer like this to have 10 GTs.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it seems odd for a dealer like this to have 10 GTs.
Also a shame that the warranty was activated when these were purchased. Some of the warranties may very well expire before some of these cars are sold.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I just think the seller loves the Evora GT and willing to invest and take risk. I remember back in 2011, there was a dealer in CA buying up all the Exiges and asking around 10k over the current market valuation. And I remember buyers were complaining about this on this forum. That was right after the final Elise/Exige for US. Looking back now the seller's asking price is still much lower than the current Exige prices.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Kind of a hard way to make 30-50k.....plenty of risk as well.

Reactions: Just_Ed

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
129 Posts
I think it's great that this guy has done this. There's about 500 Evora GTs total that came to the US, so maybe we could say that at any given time there are 50 (or less) of them for sale? Meaning he has 20% of the market? I say let him try to run prices up, and if others do so as well...that's only good news for those of us who have one.
Also, we need a few people to simply hoard, and garage, them. I don't think people understand just how truly rare these cars are (6100 Evoras, 500 GTs), and over time good examples will become harder and harder to find.
So, good on him.
Mike

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
810 Posts
I think it's great that this guy has done this. There's about 500 Evora GTs total that came to the US, so maybe we could say that at any given time there are 50 (or less) of them for sale? Meaning he has 20% of the market? I say let him try to run prices up, and if others do so as well...that's only good news for those of us who have one.
Also, we need a few people to simply hoard, and garage, them. I don't think people understand just how truly rare these cars are (6100 Evoras, 500 GTs), and over time good examples will become harder and harder to find.
So, good on him.
Mike
That's 6100 (6117 to be exact) worldwide. There are only around 2300 Evoras in the USA, with around 500 of those being GTs

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Good luck with that...................think of how little an Esprit could have been had for for years..........................

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
129 Posts
Good luck with that...................think of how little an Esprit could have been had for for years..........................
Good point...the guy is for sure taking a risk, but maybe he doesn't care. We definitely are in a strange time where people are looking at sports cars as investments - who knows how that will pan out.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I think some of us fall into cars hoarding in some degree as well. We probably only need 1 sport car or 2 max. However, a lot of us have more than 2 sport cars. Some people see values in certain cars and become collectors. I would have brought a V8 Esprit back in 2020 if I have known the price climb so high post covid

1 - 20 of 28 Posts