The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
I think it's great that this guy has done this. There's about 500 Evora GTs total that came to the US, so maybe we could say that at any given time there are 50 (or less) of them for sale? Meaning he has 20% of the market? I say let him try to run prices up, and if others do so as well...that's only good news for those of us who have one.
Also, we need a few people to simply hoard, and garage, them. I don't think people understand just how truly rare these cars are (6100 Evoras, 500 GTs), and over time good examples will become harder and harder to find.
So, good on him.
Mike
The total of GTs sent to the US is 722. 535 of those are manual transmission cars. 馃憤

This seller also had a GT in Empire Green that didn't sell on Cars & Bids. It reached $86,000 and didn't sell. No wonder considering his prices of $112,500 for all non-carbon pack cars. Have a strong feeling this car on BaT won't be hitting the reserve as well.

Registered
This seller also had a GT in Empire Green that didn't sell on Cars & Bids. It reached $86,000 and didn't sell. No wonder considering his prices of $112,500 for all non-carbon pack cars. Have a strong feeling this car on BaT won't be hitting the reserve as well.
I think the auction site hits and misses. For example, this 2600 miles GT sold for 95k before fees (2021 Lotus Evora GT - ~2,600 Miles, 6-Speed Manual, Supercharged V6, Unmodified). There is another GT with 20k miles on BAT and it's already at 85k with 4 more days to go.

Registered
I think the auction site hits and misses. For example, this 2600 miles GT sold for 95k before fees (2021 Lotus Evora GT - ~2,600 Miles, 6-Speed Manual, Supercharged V6, Unmodified). There is another GT with 20k miles on BAT and it's already at 85k with 4 more days to go.
This car IS a car from the dealer highlighted on the OPs post. This car only has 20 miles, not 20K. And he currently has all his cars that are not Carbon Package cars, listed for basically the same price, of $112,500. And from what others stated, he does NOT negotiate on his pricing. Take it or leave it. I feel his car at auction (Formula Red car) will NOT hit reserve and it will go back on his website (which he delisted this car since it's up for auction).

Registered
For anyone curious... I'm the current owner of the 28mi Empire Green GT listed on Del's -- his inventory isn't updated and a number of those cars have been sold.

View attachment 1325160
Is your car's VIN end in 530? Wasn't this the car on Cars & Bids that ended on 8/30? It didn't hit it's reserve. Were you bidding on it then or did you see it on his site? Just got some questions on how he does stuff.

Beautiful car. Always loved this color green, especially with silver wheels. 馃憤

Registered
Is your car's VIN end in 530? Wasn't this the car on Cars & Bids that ended on 8/30? It didn't hit it's reserve. Were you bidding on it then or did you see it on his site? Just got some questions on how he does stuff.

Beautiful car. Always loved this color green, especially with silver wheels. 馃憤
Yep, same car! I googled the VIN and saw it was being sold at Del鈥檚 and reached out. Rob and I took a few days to come to terms and I think we both walked away satisfied.

The only Lotus I bid on was the battleship grey one local to me that sold for $95k on CNB. I actually went and saw that example in the flesh.

Honestly, I think it鈥檚 just a case of bad photo selection and ineffective presentation on why the green and red ones didn鈥檛 sell. It makes zero sense otherwise why an example with 3k miles sells for $95k and my example with 28mi only touches $87k.

That being said, the 5% auction fee makes it hard to meet a reserve that鈥檚 probably low six figures. Instead the auction just becomes a form of advertisement. I saved the auction fee and went directly to the source. Win win!

All the comments and suspicions on BAT weren鈥檛 warranted. People overcomplicate things. Del, at Del鈥檚 Auto Gallery, buys or leases lots of brand new cars from dealerships around the country and resells them for profit. Rob works for Del. It means the car gets registered into his company name in PA which shows up as additional owners on Carfax depending on how many times they had to register it (lease to ownership). My title was in the company name.

I owned a 1993 Acura NSX years ago and missed that ownership experience very much. For about the same price as a low mile NSX, the Evora GT is better in almost every way. I figured this was my last chance to score a like-new Evora GT, so I went for it!

A shot of the old NSX for fun:

Wheel Cloud Tire Vehicle Sky

Registered
Yep, same car! I googled the VIN and saw it was being sold at Del鈥檚 and reached out. Rob and I took a few days to come to terms and I think we both walked away satisfied.

The only Lotus I bid on was the battleship grey one local to me that sold for $95k on CNB. I actually went and saw that example in the flesh.

Honestly, I think it鈥檚 just a case of bad photo selection and ineffective presentation on why the green and red ones didn鈥檛 sell. It makes zero sense otherwise why an example with 3k miles sells for $95k and my example with 28mi only touches $87k.

That being said, the 5% auction fee makes it hard to meet a reserve that鈥檚 probably low six figures. Instead the auction just becomes a form of advertisement. I saved the auction fee and went directly to the source. Win win!

All the comments and suspicions on BAT weren鈥檛 warranted. People overcomplicate things. Del, at Del鈥檚 Auto Gallery, buys or leases lots of brand new cars from dealerships around the country and resells them for profit. Rob works for Del. It means the car gets registered into his company name in PA which shows up as additional owners on Carfax depending on how many times they had to register it (lease to ownership). My title was in the company name.

I owned a 1993 Acura NSX years ago and missed that ownership experience very much. For about the same price as a low mile NSX, the Evora GT is better in almost every way. I figured this was my last chance to score a like-new Evora GT, so I went for it!

A shot of the old NSX for fun:

View attachment 1325244
Thanks so much for sharing your story on your car. These cars are so good, yet so underappreciated and frankly forgotten about by most of the public. Since my wife's had her car now for 3 months, and we've taken it to a lot of different events, it's been mistaken for a McLaren 5 separate times, lol.

I guess the color of it kinda does that (it's Lamborghini purple). But I am SO SO head over heels in love with these. If you haven't done it yet, order yourself the GRP 3rd cat delete pipe. Makes the stock exhaust scream when you get above 5K. And it's totally fine for warranty. Thanks again for sharing the info. Love your OG NSX! such a cool car.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts